• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sam Adams Old Fezziwig

SewerRanger

Reaction score
I drank my last Old Fezziwig last night. It's another favorite of mine so I thought I'd post a review for it:

Ah, Old Fezziwig ale, a Christmas favorite for me; brewed by the Samuel Adams brewery and only sold in the winter season case. The beer is named after the little known character in Charles Dickens “A Christmas Carol”. Much like the character in the play this is a happy go lucky beer with lots to go around. From when you first open the bottle you can tell this is a beer with huge amounts of flavor. The smell of oranges, ginger, and spice hit you in the face the minute the top is removed from the bottle. Take a couple sniffs of this beer (believe me you will) and you’ll pick up some of the toffee and chocolate malt that went into it. This is a beer that screams Christmas time. It pours a dark reddish brown with minimal head but the rich complex smell remains. The first taste is of heavy spice – if you don’t like ginger, this beer is not for you. The ginger flavor mellows out to some of the sweet chocolate and toffee malts. The beer finishes with a nice citrus taste. What you smell is what you get from this beer and that’s a compliment. After enjoying it, you’re left with a pleasant orange taste in your mouth. If the beer has any faults it would be its light body. For such a flavorful beer with decent alcohol content (6%ABV) it has a surprisingly light body feel to it. I’m able to over look this flaw because I think the beer taste so good. For whatever reason Sam Adams only sells this beer in its Winter Seasonal pack, however, this one beer alone makes the case worth buying. The fact that you get several other fantastic beers in the case makes it even better. If you see the seasonal pack, I highly recommend picking it up and trying the Old Fezziwig.

By far my favorite of the Winter/Holiday variety pack, though I was pleasantly surprised by the Cream Stout this year. I'll have to dig up my review and add it here. Cheers!

I miss the old 750s of this. I haven't had one in a while. I guess my wife would drink the cranberry lambic. Maybe next winter, I'll spring for the 12 pack!