• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sampler I am looking at.... What do you all think?

Nickc

Hey all I am thinking of getting the following sampler to try different manufacturers and types of cigars. What do you all think?

1 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6" x 48)
1 - 601 Serie Green Oscuro Tronco (5" x 52)
1 - CI Legends by Don Pepin Garcia (5.75" x 54)
1 - Cuba Libre Magnum (5.5" x 55)
1 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosos (6" x 50)
1 - Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 (5" x 50)
1 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Graycliff 1666 Robusto (5.25" x 50)
1 - Gurkha Doble Maduro Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Fuerte Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Legend Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Master Select Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Sherpa Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Gurkha EL Enigma Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Man O’ War Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Padilla Habano Torpedo (6.25" x 52)
1 - Padilla Obsidian Torpedo (6" x 54)
1 - Rocky Patel Double Maduro Toro (6.5" x 52)
1 - Rocky Patel Fusion Churchill (7" x 48)

Thanks,

Nick

There is definitely a wide variety. Could be a good deal for someone wanting to try new manufacturers, especially if the price is right.

I would recommend taking advantage of the newbie sampler trade if you haven't already. You won't be disappointed! NST thread. Click me!

Edit to add link.

??? Well, I see a bunch of "different manufacturers and types of cigars" in the sampler so... Make a decision. Should be pretty easy.

Newbie Sampler Trade was the best first move regarding cigars. You will not be disappointed as the brothers here will send you a much better sampler than you have listed. :thumbs:

Already have a newbie sampler on the way. Was thinking of getting this because I can score it for 50 dollars or less..

??? Well, I see a bunch of "different manufacturers and types of cigars" in the sampler so... Make a decision. Should be pretty easy.

Was just wondering because I am not familiar with a good portion of these cigars. Wanted some 2 cents on the overall quality of the sampler.

There are some decent sticks in there, and you're certainly getting quantity for under $50. If you're looking to just score a bundle to keep on hand for whatever I'd say it's a decent buy.

Personally, since you're asking, I wouldn't spend the money on them....however, I don't smoke much Gurkha, RP, or 5 Vegas anymore....so the price does nothing for me. They'd just end up taking space.

To each his own bro, but I don't think it's a rip off if that's what you're asking.

Yea I am still debating. I have been smoking cigars for 3 years but was mostly Ashton, Punch, and Arturo Fuente. Now that I have a humidor and am storing sticks, I am looking to try a broad range to see what else is out there that my palate would appreciate at this juncture in my smoking career.

Decisions.... Decisions....

Thanks all for the advice thus far.

Already have a newbie sampler on the way. Was thinking of getting this because I can score it for 50 dollars or less..

Was just wondering because I am not familiar with a good portion of these cigars. Wanted some 2 cents on the overall quality of the sampler.

In the top of the Review Forum is a thread with a list of every review ever done on CP. If those cigars have been reviewed here, you'll find them there.

When I started smoking gars, I did the same thing. I agree as for value, you can't go wrong. However, IMHO, you need a few 'good ones' to compare to, because the bulk of what you are getting is just OK stuff. Some of those folks make $20 sticks, but you getting the lower grade (which is ok) because it helps refine your tastes.

In the end, only you know what tastes good according to your palate. The folks here will always give you their opinion and recommendation, then its up to you.

Enjoy the coming education.

I have my newbie sampler coming soon, I think I will wait for that. I have my everyday cigars for now, and will be expanding those into some A. Fuente's and Padron 2000's as I really enjoyed them for an everyday smoke.

Thanks all for steering me in the right direction. I have been here around like a week and the advice and people I have talked to thus far have been world class.