• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristobal: El Principe

Dice

Grow a set and stop being so paranoid!
San Cristobal de Habana: El Principe

Size:4 1/3 x 42

Smoked 2 out of a box dated Sept 05. Beautiful little stick. Well rolled, beautiful dark (Colorado?) wrapper. The 1st stick I smoked I couldn't kick back and enjoy it since I was in a poker tournament,had a chance tonite to do up right.

Copious amounts of smoke for such a small stick.Solid dark gray ash although it looked flakey, it held very well.The wrapper is Silky smooth and just begining to show a oily complexion.No soft spots on the fill. Almost perfect burn that a minor touch up corrected easily.Pleasant,almost sweet aroma with a Smooth,easy draw.

Unfortunately it tasted a little green to me. Being that this is a young box I won't go back to it for at least 6 months.But even with the hint of "green" it was still smooth on the palate with light doses of coffee and spice.

If you can find a box with a few years on it already, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.Otherwise be prepared to let them sit for awhile.You'll be glad you did.I'd give this a 88 on the points rating pinned above for the minor flaw in the burn and the green taste.I'm sure with some age under it's belt this will be a true gem and rank higher.

Nice review! I had one this weekend with coffee (a post recommendation). It had the slightest twinge of the green, but no burn problems. Of course, I am becoming a big fan of SCdH, so I am slightly biased at this point.

Don't forget to introduce yourself the, well, "introduce yourself" thread.
Great job and welcome aboard!

n

Welcome Mr. Dice. A very fine first review and first post. I look forward to many more to come. :)

I'll look for your intro post in the Introductions forum. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Good review. Within the last three days, I've landed three SCdHEP's to try. They are having the usual "time out" in the cooler before I take them out for a test drive.

I also just got a box of the Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo duDepute smokes. If you're a fan of the smaller vitolas (as I am many nights of the week) be sure to give those and the perennial favorite, the Partagas Short, a try.... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

mmmmmmmm... SCdH Principe and strong coffee. Is there a better way to start the day? ;)

Welcome to CP, Dice...

Great little sticks that do tend to smoke well even young. Nice review.

Got to agree about these smokes with coffee. Something about the combo just seems perfect.

Thanks folks. I also took everyone's advice and introduced myself in the other forum. Thanks for the heads up about it.

Great review. I have tried to like the SCdlH line-up and cigars and failed miserably. :( Just not the taste for my palate. I have tried the El Princepe, the La Punta and the La Fuerza...none of them did a thing for me. Oh well, more of them for the rest of you to smoke. :p

A friend gave me one of the La Punta's and I REALLY liked that one. Once I either make some space in my current batch of humi's or break down and make a coolerdor,I think adding a box of them will be on my "to buy" list. Then again that "to buy" list has ALOT of entries on it! ;)

SC are one of my favorite Havanas. I actually like the El Principes young.

So "Dice" are ya a craps player? :p

coventrycat86 said:
So "Dice" are ya a craps player? :p
[snapback]291002[/snapback]​

No, Actually I'm a poker player. :thumbs:

Dice said:
Once I either make some space in my current batch of humi's or break down and make a coolerdor
[snapback]288898[/snapback]​

Break Down... Break Down... build the Coolerdor... build the Coolerdor :D

Great review,thank you.
I've never had any from this line but am looking foward to it as a great morning and coffee cigar.

Thanks again,I am on the hunt. :p

I just smoked an '01 after smoking a couple of '05s and they actually seem to be stronger than the '05s. Of course both are excellent but the o5s seemed nuttier. I actually think the 01s need a little more nap time to develop more complexity. I would have thought that 5 yrs would be enough for a pc. Very good either way especially with coffee.

Just lit up one of these from '05 yesterday myself. I really noticed the nuttiness as well, Yoshi, very prevalent. Though still an enjoyable smoke, I found it a little too green for my tastes, so I think the rest are going to be getting a nice long nap.

seadub said:
Break Down... Break Down... build the Coolerdor... build the Coolerdor :D
[snapback]291095[/snapback]​

LOL! Do doubt seadub! I really think I don't have any choice in the matter anymore. Thankfully there is ALOT of very good info here on CP for me to put one together. All I'm waiting for is one of the local wally worlds or K marts to start getting coolers in so I can take the plunge!