• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristobal

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
Went to a manufacturer's event in Villa Park, Illinois hosted by Ashton for this line that i've never seen or heard about before. The cigar has the darkest natural wrapper i've ever seen and the cigar is a hit with me and most of the guys there. Yes i polled the group to find out if i was right about the vitola i was smoking. I smoked the toro sized cigar and the taste of coffe was distinct with some sweetness that intensified as it burned further down to the head. The taste changed the entire time until i had to put the stick down. This stick is great for a nice alone time with some bourban or maybe an single malt.

I've heard that the best of these smokes come out with the smaller ring gauges (I've only had the guajiro, but it rocked my world). If you liked the toro, try something smaller, you might like it even more. I'm sold after one, getting a box here pretty soon.

Went to a manufacturer's event in Villa Park, Illinois hosted by Ashton for this line that i've never seen or heard about before.

Seriously, you haven't heard of them? Surprising since you've been around here awhile. They are made by Pepin. ??? Haven't got around to trying any myself, I hear they are a bit young still.

I picked up a fiver from CI a little while back. Smoked my first one last week and boy was that a delicious smoke. I'm a Pepin and Tat whore lol, and this one I put right up there with those. Good price too.

I had one a little while ago and wasn't too impressed with it. Just got back just now from an Ashton San Cristobal event and that really change my mind. Very very nice stick. Really enjoyed the flavor adn it just brought good memories for me.... Plus I won another Humidor!! :)

Don

I like them too. They recently introduced a new size called the Francisco. It's 5.5 x 44. I think I'll look to give those a try.

Guess I'll have to look into these, finally. I had hoped that they weren't going to be that good. That's all my humidor needs is more Pepin stuff.

:laugh:

Guess we are both right, from the ashton website....

http://www.ashtoncigar.com/SanCristobal.jsp

San Cristobal

Enter San Cristobal! This is Ashton’s biggest and most important product release in many years. San Cristobal is a name that we have used since the mid-1980's and trademarked here in the United States since the mid-1990’s. We have wanted to relaunch this brand for quite some time. However, it was important for us to wait until we had the right cigar, as well as the right cigar manufacturer for the job.

Our Product Development team has been working long and hard on this project for the past 2 years. We have been working hand-in-hand in Nicaragua with Jose “Pepin” Garcia. For those of you unfamiliar, Pepin is a rising star in the cigar industry. He is a Cuban expatriate with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the art of cigar making. Pepin ran cigar production in Cuba for 30 years before departing for the U.S. in 2002. Now he is in Nicaragua making some of the finest cigars in the world today. We are extremely confident that our newfound partnership with Pepin will turn out to be a long and prosperous one.

The cigar itself turned out to be a dream come true! We truly could not be happier with the finished product! Blended entirely from rich and delicious Nicaraguan tobaccos, these cigars feature dark, oily Nicaraguan wrappers. The flavor is rich and full-bodied, exhibiting a perfect balance between strength and complexity. Hearty notes of earth, cedar and spices are accompanied by lighter notes of walnuts, espresso and dark chocolate. Each cigar is constructed impeccably and finished with a traditional Cuban Triple-Cap. Available in 7 sizes in cedar chests of 22

I had the robusto size tonight. Previous to this one I've had a Guajiro and another robusto. I like this blend a lot but find it somewhat one dimensional. The flavor is complex and very full bodied, but it stays consistent throughout. Not a bad thing at all because of the complexity throughout. Maybe mine are a little young though, I'll let the others sit for a while.

You didn't believe me when I told you last week :p

Guess we are both right, from the ashton website....

http://www.ashtoncigar.com/SanCristobal.jsp

San Cristobal

Enter San Cristobal! This is Ashton’s biggest and most important product release in many years. San Cristobal is a name that we have used since the mid-1980's and trademarked here in the United States since the mid-1990’s. We have wanted to relaunch this brand for quite some time. However, it was important for us to wait until we had the right cigar, as well as the right cigar manufacturer for the job.

Our Product Development team has been working long and hard on this project for the past 2 years. We have been working hand-in-hand in Nicaragua with Jose “Pepin” Garcia. For those of you unfamiliar, Pepin is a rising star in the cigar industry. He is a Cuban expatriate with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the art of cigar making. Pepin ran cigar production in Cuba for 30 years before departing for the U.S. in 2002. Now he is in Nicaragua making some of the finest cigars in the world today. We are extremely confident that our newfound partnership with Pepin will turn out to be a long and prosperous one.

The cigar itself turned out to be a dream come true! We truly could not be happier with the finished product! Blended entirely from rich and delicious Nicaraguan tobaccos, these cigars feature dark, oily Nicaraguan wrappers. The flavor is rich and full-bodied, exhibiting a perfect balance between strength and complexity. Hearty notes of earth, cedar and spices are accompanied by lighter notes of walnuts, espresso and dark chocolate. Each cigar is constructed impeccably and finished with a traditional Cuban Triple-Cap. Available in 7 sizes in cedar chests of 22

Went to a manufacturer's event in Villa Park, Illinois hosted by Ashton for this line that i've never seen or heard about before.

Seriously, you haven't heard of them? Surprising since you've been around here awhile. They are made by Pepin. ??? Haven't got around to trying any myself, I hear they are a bit young still.
The rep never mentioned Pepin, but i've smoked San Cristobal cigars before and they were'nt the same as the cigars i smoked this time.

These are some of the most beautiful cigars I have ever seen. From the wrapper to the band to the box. I have some resting and have not smoked one yet but will try soon now that the good smoking weather is coming.

I personally love the franciscos so much so I've already decided that a box will be the next purchase. It's probably the only cigar I've smoked that actually tasted like a chocolate bar.

I personally love the franciscos so much so I've already decided that a box will be the next purchase. It's probably the only cigar I've smoked that actually tasted like a chocolate bar.

Then you gotta try the CM Secretos..... taste like the wrapper was aged in barrels of Cocoa Krispies! :thumbs:

Then you gotta try the CM Secretos..... taste like the wrapper was aged in barrels of Cocoa Krispies! :thumbs:

Mmmmm those CM5s are delicious. For the price though, these are a phenomenal alternative. I smoked up the robusto version last night, and whil it was very tasty, I think I like the smaller ring gauges better. The advice was true, Fransisco/Guajiro are the way to go.

I got one of these a month or two ago out of the Hot Potato Bomb but I haven't gotten around to smoking it yet. Primarily because it is the Monumento (7.25x49) and I'm not the biggest fan of bigger cigars. I'll light that sucker up later this week when it gets up into the 80s :thumbs: . Hopefully it'll be as good as you guys have described about the Guajiro and Francisco :blush:

Darn, now i have to venture yet again into higher priced sticks to get me a CM secretos. I am absolutely wild about the Chocolate taste some of these fine maduros and yes even some of the non maduro cigars give off!

Broke as a joke,
Don

I've had a few Fabulosos, which weigh in at 6.125 x 52, and have enjoyed them very much. However, I have a feeling that you guys might be right; I look forward to getting my hands on a couple Guajiros. :)