• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristobal

Aussie Shaun

Just call me Grumps.
I am only just getting around to this review as I smoked this stick 2 weeks ago, I suppose this is the reason we take notes then. Well here we go,

Name: San Cristobal ( Ashton )
Vitola: Clasico 5 x 50
All Nicaraguan Wrapper, filler & Binder

First appearance was a reddish dark brown maduro wrapper, firm and smooth ( no veins ) fairly tightly packed and had a nice feel in the hand.
The prelight smell was of spice and leather, punched the cap and the prelight draw was easy with a slight resistance.

After lighting the draw was easy and produced a large plume of thick white smoke with a white pepper kick at the back of the throat and a lingering leather, a typical and expected Don Pepin taste.
The first third was full of Pepper and a earthy leather taste and the burn was razor sharp and did not need to be touched up, the strength was medium and inviting me to smoke quicker.

Into the second half the flavor changed a little with a kind of coffee/ vanilla taste came through or maybe this was from the scotch& coke that I was drinking I'm not sure.
The burn was still holding strong as was the ash which held on for 1 1/2 to 2 inches before I tapped it off.

The final third was were the strength started to pick up, what was a mellow medium was now a full strength and the ass kicking nicotine buzz that I was waiting for.
The flavor had gone back to pepper and earth with light leather fading in and out, I am pretty sure that I picked up a nutty taste in there somewhere between all the other flavors.

The final impression was that this is a very enjoyable Cigar and one that will have to make its way into my regular rotation, now I just have to pick up a 5er from somewhere and let them rest.

A big thank you to jfields & jonesy for putting me onto this great Cigar, you guy's are gunna send me broke.

Edited for spelling mistakes.

Nice review mate.
These are a great cigar. Not sure if you can buy em downunder.

Nice review, and spot on. Just picked up a box of these from JR on my way through Statesville yesterday.

:thumbs:

Oh, you're on the way to a coolerdor. :p I enjoyed your review!

That nicotine buzz is why I don't indulge too close to bedtime.......gets me all cranked up. :0

Good review, thanks.