• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Diego cigar shops

You're lucky, most people who herf with Phil and Evan don't have such a good experience.

I think I'll have to check out Captain Hunt as I'll be downtown soon. Has anyone been to Liberty Tobacco in Del Mar? I live nearby (moved a few months ago) and intend to check it out, maybe I can swing by today and check it out, depends.

I think I'll have to check out Captain Hunt as I'll be downtown soon. Has anyone been to Liberty Tobacco in Del Mar? I live nearby (moved a few months ago) and intend to check it out, maybe I can swing by today and check it out, depends.
I've been there and I liked it. Unpretentious with a good selection.

I've been to the one in Claremont Mesa (Liberty Tobacco), pretty good selection and pricing and I saw them playing poker on the weekends.

I just came back from a 2 day trip from San Diego. I live in Fresno, and my buddy Evan (New smoker) wanted to enjoy a smoke. I read the recommendations here and decided to head up to Hoffer's. I was greeted by Phil, the owner who invited me to look around in his two walk-in humidors. I thanked him and began to hunt down a Kristoff Ligero Maduro robusto and then a 7-20-4 Dog Walker and my buddy wanted an Acid Kubo Kubo, which he found. We then sat at the cool little bar and had a stout and began to chit chat. I informed Phil that we are from Fresno and that the fine folks here on this forum recommended a few shops and I chose this place. Oh...I also informed Phil that I knew Cigar Man Andy, and instantly...Phil began to laugh! We talked about Andy and then we just kinda got real comfortable and we sat at the bar and talked. It wasn't long before we began to head outside to enjoy a smoke, then...brace yourself here, my buddy went back into the humidor and bought a 7-20-4 Dog Walker! I know...a new guy ventured away from an Acid! :thumbs:
Well we ventured off outside and we enjoyed our time with an awesome owner in Phil and one of his customers, named Nate. Bottom line of this post is...if you venture into San Diego head to Hoffer's and enjoy a fine smoke and a beer on tap (had 10 or more on tap - or even a glass of wine, they had a decent selection of wine too. I recommend this establishment.
Thanks again CP for your recommendations! :thumbs:
Cheers!
Tony

Glad you had a good time there. Saw Phil here in Vegas. Hopefully, he will have the three NEW Kristoffs. Corojo Limitado, Kristania amd the GC. As well as the new 7-20-4 Corojo. Let me know next time you are down...

By the way, I am doing a Kristoff event on July 30th at Sequoia Cigars in Visalia. Not far from you. Maybe you can come by.

Harry is a great guy and has a great shop. So is Liberty...

We have a new shop in San Diego that is awesome. Churchill Miramar. Guys, let me know when you are coming out and I will take you around...

Glad you had a good time there. Saw Phil here in Vegas. Hopefully, he will have the three NEW Kristoffs. Corojo Limitado, Kristania amd the GC. As well as the new 7-20-4 Corojo. Let me know next time you are down...

By the way, I am doing a Kristoff event on July 30th at Sequoia Cigars in Visalia. Not far from you. Maybe you can come by.
Hey I will try and sneak out to Visalia and join ya. Hope you have some new kristoff stuff to try!
You can tell me about your time at ipcpr too.
Tony