• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Francisco Bay HERF Sept 21

Seanholio

Don Quixote
Hi all,

I'm completely new here, and I have no idea if it is appropriate for me to request a HERF, but I'm going for it.

There is a J. Fuego tasting at West Coast Cigars in San Jose, CA on September 21 from 6pm to 9pm.

Everyone gets a free cigar to smoke, there is a 20% discount on box purchases.

Anyone who enjoys Texas Hold'em should show, since there is typically a game at every tasting.

I don't work there, I just like to buy my cigars there, and hope to see you there.

-- Sean

** Hope I'm not violating protocol by setting up a HERF as a newbie. **

** Topic modified ** 10SEP07 Fuego, not Fuente.

Man....I'd LOVE to go. Unfortunately, my wife is 9 months pregnant and we're scheduled to give birth a few days after that. I may be pushing it to go to the HERF and leave her up in Tracy with our 3-year old daughter.

I never heard of that shop before though, so I'm glad I stumbled upon this post. We will have to meet there sometime when I am heading down to Morgan Hill to visit the in-laws.

Man....I'd LOVE to go. Unfortunately, my wife is 9 months pregnant and we're scheduled to give birth a few days after that. I may be pushing it to go to the HERF and leave her up in Tracy with our 3-year old daughter.

I never heard of that shop before though, so I'm glad I stumbled upon this post. We will have to meet there sometime when I am heading down to Morgan Hill to visit the in-laws.

Either there or Mission Pipe. MP is closer to my house, and they did a fine job of getting me set up with my first pipe. I'll be going back there sometime to get a filtered pipe (I've swallowed flakes on two occasions, and that's two times too many). :blush:

I like WCC because they do a good job of discounting boxes and the guy working the counter at the time I was there was enthusiastic about helping me select some smokes that I might like. I need more time to sit down and smoke, but I tend to do it socially, so I need to hang out with more cigar smokers or host more poker parties. :)

Sean - please edit your thread title to reflect the cigars that will be actually smoked at this tasting..... :cool:

Thanks - B.B.S.

I like WCC because they do a good job of discounting boxes and the guy working the counter at the time I was there was enthusiastic about helping me select some smokes that I might like. I need more time to sit down and smoke, but I tend to do it socially, so I need to hang out with more cigar smokers or host more poker parties. :)

I just think it looks cool because it's almost like a house which was converted into a B&M. The backyard looks nice as well.

And like you, I am more of a social cigar smoker. I'm sure we'll meet up one of these times.

Hey Sean, we're around the corner from each other. I visit MP and WC regularly, even if it's just to poke around for a while. The 21'st may work out for me but I'll need to check the calendar first.

:cool:

Hey Sean, we're around the corner from each other. I visit MP and WC regularly, even if it's just to poke around for a while. The 21'st may work out for me but I'll need to check the calendar first.

It's great to meet someone who actually lives around here. I hope you can make the event, so we can meet in person. If not, there will be other events!

Whereabouts in SJ are you?

It's great to meet someone who actually lives around here. I hope you can make the event, so we can meet in person. If not, there will be other events!

Whereabouts in SJ are you?

I'm in the Alum Rock area, or the East Foothills, of San Jose.

Cool, hopefully we can get together soon, I'm actually getting together with Putz Mulligan for dinner tonight, mmmmmmmmm ..... Cuban food.