• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sancho Panza Double Maduro

stewa070

I'm lookin to try the Sancho Panza double maduros. Has anybody tried this cigar and if so let me know what you thought. Thanks for the help!

Thats pretty ironic...I happen to notice these in the case at my local shop on Tuesday. Bought one (somewhere around $3...I think), the quixote (sp?). I somked it that night. It was pretty decent for the price. My light was horrible (my fault not the cigar) but it evened out and burned very well. It wasn't a cigar that I would buy on a regular basis, but I certainly wasn't upset that I spent the money either.

Had one of the longer ones the other day, after smoking a Avo Signature which I did not care to much for.

I expected there to be more flavor out of the Sancho Double Maduro, it was nice and oily, the burn started off uneven and evened out halfway through it. Tasted kinda of like weak coffee and nutty if you ask me.

Last I have a question, have you ever looked closely at the ash after a cigar has burnt? Some of the ash seems to have little bubbles or beads on it? Not all cigars, usually the darker ones.

What is that attributed to? I dont know what it is but the Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Victor Sinclair Maduro, and Padron Exclusivo Maduro's seem to exhibit this type of behavior. Havent seen it on Cohiba VX's, Gloria's, Avo's, Ashton VSG/Cabinet/Classic, Diamond Crown, DC Maximus, Sosa's, any Monte....you get the picture, the list could go on, but I have been trying alot of cigars and these are the only 3 that have done this so far.

I seem to have narrowed it down to Strictly Maduro's that this happens on.

I had a Sancho Panza double maduro just recently and thought it was a good cigar. Not too expensive and tasted pretty good.

I tried it when it first came out and it was a pretty good cigar.... a good value cigar IMO. Good construction, good flavor, nice strength but nothing special that really jumped out at me. I think it's definitely worth trying and you will get your bang for the buck IMO.

Aloha,

Wade

Ludwig said:
Had one of the longer ones the other day, after smoking a Avo Signature which I did not care to much for.

I expected there to be more flavor out of the Sancho Double Maduro, it was nice and oily, the burn started off uneven and evened out halfway through it. Tasted kinda of like weak coffee and nutty if you ask me.

Last I have a question, have you ever looked closely at the ash after a cigar has burnt? Some of the ash seems to have little bubbles or beads on it? Not all cigars, usually the darker ones.

What is that attributed to? I dont know what it is but the Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Victor Sinclair Maduro, and Padron Exclusivo Maduro's seem to exhibit this type of behavior. Havent seen it on Cohiba VX's, Gloria's, Avo's, Ashton VSG/Cabinet/Classic, Diamond Crown, DC Maximus, Sosa's, any Monte....you get the picture, the list could go on, but I have been trying alot of cigars and these are the only 3 that have done this so far.

I seem to have narrowed it down to Strictly Maduro's that this happens on.
I think that it is the oil or something, I know EXACTLY what you are talkin about and have often wondered that myself.

I would like to say that many of the VSG's that I have smoke exibit this also.

Phil

Phil said:
I think that it is the oil or something, I know EXACTLY what you are talkin about and have often wondered that myself.

I would like to say that many of the VSG's that I have smoke exibit this also.

Phil
Yes I was thinking it was the oils also. I guess I tend to like cigars with more 'oil' then :) On my next smoke I will try to take a macro closeup and post a picture for those saying that Phil and myself are insane.

My two conculsions are its either the oil as Phil said, or they are laced with pcp or something and thats why I want another one right after I smoke one ;)

j/k