• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Barcelona

Jeff B.

NWMSU Mafia Hitman
Yes, yes, yes! Friday night we had an amazing night here in Maryville; it was about 55 degrees so a bunch of us decided this night was bonfire-worthy. I couldn't let this wonderful night pass by without smoking something good. I had this SPEF in my humidor since the beginning of January.

So I lit this badboy up and noticed immediatley that the draw was a little looser than normal. It remained this way throughout, but it didn't bother me. The main thing I noticed with this stick was how incredibley SMOOTH it was. The smoke was like silk. This is by far the smoothest cigar I've ever had. As for the flavor, it was excellent; consistent all the way down, didn't change much. I'm not the best at describing taste, but I did pick up little hints of a cherry-like flavor throughout. The burn was a little uneven at the beginning and never evened out, but it wasn't too big of an issue. Overall this was a great stick! Highly recommended for a medium-full smoke. Ready to try the Double Maduro now... :)

Atta Babaaaayyy! Thats a great review and a good cigar....might have to pick one up.

JRcigars has the SPEF cordobas for $37 shipped (everyday price). Best deal I have found in awhile.

Oh, and nice site you got here. First post. SPEF is worthy of such an honor!

Jeff - have you tried the Pamplona? That is my fav in the extra fuerte line! But they are all good and you can't beat the price! Nice review..

patrick

Nice review, Jeff.

I love the extra fuertes, especially the Pamplona. Lots of flavor, great construction, fantastic price. All around good cigar.

I love all 3 of the Honduran SP Robusto/Rothschild Vitolas: The Extra Fuerte Pamplona, the Double Maduro Quixote, and the original Valiente. You can pick up a box of each (60 cigars!) for under $140 shipped. I recommend having a box of each in your coolerdor at all times!

-Matt-

Never can go wrong with the Sancho Panza's. Always deliver in an excellent way. Great review as well. :thumbs:

My girlfriend and I sat out Sunday morning and smoked a cigar over coffee and breakfast. I smoked a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Pamplona .

This was a nice little box-pressed cigar with a medium-brown wrapper. The wrapper showed only minor veins and no appreciable seams. The pre-light nose was very mild, but of earch and wood. The pre-light draw was open and easy.

The cigar lit right up and the draw stayed open. The cigar practically smoked itself. Tons of smoke and a nice cool, even burn were the primary attributes of this cigar. Near the end, it decided to tunnel a bit, but self corrected quickly. The ash was medium-gray and firm. Very nice construction.

I would qualify the flavor profile of this cigar as rustic. It was medium-to-full in bodyd with plenty of coffee and smokey wood flavors. It had some leather undertones. It was not complex, but very consistent and straight-forward. A very good cigar.

I like these. I have every since they came out. Fantastic smoke for about $2. They are not elegant, but man do they have a lot of flavor. I rate this cigar a B+.