• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sancho Panza

wam79

Today I tasted my first ISOM. A Sancho Panza. I wanted to be someplace relaxing so I could truly enjoy my first ISOM. I had planned on sitting by the ocean, but today was too hot so I headed to a favorite park in the mountains. I was able to find a spot by myself (not to hard on a weekday) :p and sat down overlooking Pearl Harbor and downtown towards Diamond Head. Had the cool breeze coming off the mountain at my back. I settled down and lit the cigar. To my admittedly uneducated palette this was a tasty cigar. Not too strong, pleasantly spicy. The smoke was very mellow. The Burn was even with an easy draw. Towards the middle I started to taste a coffee/cocoa flavor. Tasted good all the way past the band. One of the best cigars I have had.

Bill

sat down overlooking Pearl Harbor and downtown towards Diamond Head.

Life is tough, huh?

You keep talking like that and I just may join you in paradise :D

Today was nice... tomorrow back to reality
I'm going to get my truck repaired probably take all day
After that I want to get started painting the condo...
It's always something. Hard to find time to just sit and relax

wam79 said:
I had planned on sitting by the ocean, but today was too hot so I headed to a favorite park in the mountains. I was able to find a spot by myself (not to hard on a weekday) :p and sat down overlooking Pearl Harbor and downtown towards Diamond Head. Had the cool breeze coming off the mountain at my back.
What's the deal??

Self-Employed, independently wealthy, young retiree, day-off ??

We've had gloomy overcast days here in SoCal. A nice break from years past. But, the Summer will be relentless.

Sounds like you've definitely got it going on over there in the grassy skirt state.

Post up one of those beautiful Hawai'i'n SunRise/Sunset before and after pictures if you can. I haven't been yet, but the more I hear, the more I want a part of it.

M. Gipson

gawntrail said:
wam79 said:
I had planned on sitting by the ocean, but today was too hot so I headed to a favorite park in the mountains. I was able to find a spot by myself (not to hard on a weekday) :p  and sat down overlooking Pearl Harbor and downtown towards Diamond Head. Had the cool breeze coming off the mountain at my back.
What's the deal??

Self-Employed, independently wealthy, young retiree, day-off ??

We've had gloomy overcast days here in SoCal. A nice break from years past. But, the Summer will be relentless.

Sounds like you've definitely got it going on over there in the grassy skirt state.

Post up one of those beautiful Hawai'i'n SunRise/Sunset before and after pictures if you can. I haven't been yet, but the more I hear, the more I want a part of it.

M. Gipson
It's number 4.day off. Just wanted to go someplace nice for my first ISOM
Usually I work 3-11 so most mornings I'm free. I do pick up extra shifts for OT kinda often.
Fooled around too much when I was young to retire early :D

Bill

Great choice for your first Havana. I love the Belis, Non Plus, Coronas and Sanchos. All great cigars. With five years of age on them the are monster flavor bombs :)

Oooooh, you Hawai'ian guys make me sick!!! :D

We've vacationed there 4 times in the past 7 years, and every time we get home we want to turn around and go back!!

Would love to find a place we could afford on Kauai....maybe someday..... :love:

Oh yeah, and to avoid thread-jacking, the SP's are a really nice smoke. Wish I had a few more of 'em........ :lookup:

wam79 said:
I had planned on sitting by the ocean, but today was too hot so I headed to a favorite park in the mountains. I was able to find a spot by myself (not to hard on a weekday) :p and sat down overlooking Pearl Harbor and downtown towards Diamond Head. Had the cool breeze coming off the mountain at my back. I settled down and lit the cigar. To my admittedly uneducated palette this was a tasty cigar. Not too strong, pleasantly spicy. The smoke was very mellow. The Burn was even with an easy draw. Towards the middle I started to taste a coffee/cocoa flavor. Tasted good all the way past the band. One of the best cigars I have had.

Bill
Bill, are you a writer? I think you should consider it if you aren't.
The descriptive way you write is very similar to that found in good suspense novels. All it needed was a great looking woman with long blond hair spilling down past her shapely bottom, her tawny nipples at full attention from the cool breeze..........etc etc...... :D

I absolutely love Sancho Panzas. Even the non ISOM's are outstanding imho.

Great review too.

psyktek said:
Oooooh, you Hawai'ian guys make me sick!!! :D

We've vacationed there 4 times in the past 7 years, and every time we get home we want to turn around and go back!!

Would love to find a place we could afford on Kauai....maybe someday..... :love:

Oh yeah, and to avoid thread-jacking, the SP's are a really nice smoke. Wish I had a few more of 'em........ :lookup:
Except for that thing where the natives hate anyone who visits their islands, I like Hawaii too. Beautiful and laid back. I do think I'd incur a little rock fever if I was there for more than a month though.

I dig the Sanchos as well.

Tony Bones said:
Except for that thing where the natives hate anyone who visits their islands, I like Hawaii too.
Fringe element at best. The vast majority of locals don't have a problem with tourists especially considering their economy would suffer greatly without them.

lucasbuck said:
Tony Bones said:
Except for that thing where the natives hate anyone who visits their islands, I like Hawaii too.
Fringe element at best. The vast majority of locals don't have a problem with tourists especially considering their economy would suffer greatly without them.
I have been here over ten years. I have many close friends who are local. One of the things I like here is that the population is really diverse, and most people get along fine.
Except for a few a-holes I can't remember having any problems, and I figure there are a-holes wherever you go. :D
I don't let them bother me.

Bill