• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saving cedar wraps?

The Green Monkey

Brap-brap
Reaction score
I was just curious if there was any utility to saving cedar wraps. Do they have any secondary uses that a noob might not be aware of?

I know some people like to light their cigars with the burning cedar, but it's usually too breezy outside for me to bother with all that jazz...

I did a long time ago but they are fragile and become brittle and wind up becoming a mess if not stored correctly. I throw them away now.

I used them a few times to light my cigar with until I had one that completely ruined a great cigar with an overpowering cedar flavor. I just toss them now.

They make great kindling for your survival kit. You do have a survival kit, don't you?

Doc.

Thanks, everyone. Pretty much what I figured, but the packrat in me tries to think of every conceivable reason not to throw anything away. This trait does not please my wife.

They make great kindling for your survival kit. You do have a survival kit, don't you?

The world is full of kindling when your survival kit includes a Bernzomatic and ~8 bottles of propane.

I'm saving mine to make a canoe. I figure I only have 17,543 Anejo's to go. :thumbs:

Lou

I keep a couple tubes around from my RyJ's in case I'm traveling somewhere where I'll want to bring a stick. They still have the ceder in em' but not for any particular reason other than I didn't take it out ;)

I used them a few times to light my cigar with until I had one that completely ruined a great cigar with an overpowering cedar flavor. I just toss them now.
I was going to try that with some after I smoked the cigars in them. But maybe not now. :\

I have a leather travel humidor that came only with a cedar floor. I'm using the cedar wrappers to line the walls.

Well, I used them to light my cigars but I always start them in the BR and then I go outside.