• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saw "The Happening" last night...

Rebel Herfer

Adiskide honekin, orduak labur!
Last night I went to see M. Night Shamalamading-dong's new movie "The Happening." I was REALLY looking forward to this movie because I loved 6th Sense, and the cast looked stellar.
The film was a HUGE disappointment! :0 The acting was juvenile for 90% of the movie. The character development was so thin and superficial; some of the characters started out great and then just fizzeled or flamed out for NO reason. The ending was NOT a surprise!! Once again M. Night had the opportunity at several points in the film to not only save it but make it a stellar movie and he wussed out. Seems like the whole point of the film was a HEAVY handed sermon; after the movie ended I heard several people say they expected a certain celebrity/politician ;) to show up on screen as the punchline to the film. There were 8 people in my group and not one person liked the movie; only one woman was scared for a few minutes of the film. :angry:
Later i'll discuss details but, for now just a fair warning so you don't waste your money! :(

You can use the spoiler tag to talk about it with people who don't care about knowing what happens. :)

You can use the spoiler tag to talk about it with people who don't care about knowing what happens. :)

WTF is that ^?

Anyway, that sucks Jeff the wife wanted to see this movie really bad.

Same feelings here too. I try to go see the Shaman movies as soon as they get released. That way I am not swayed by trailers or behind the scenes commentaries on making the film etc.etc.etc.

Usually, I like the fringe aspect of his movies, even if they are slow. I usually get something to think about. This one tried to make more action? The characters were never developed and the storyline falls short. I think that the R rating in this movie was just some attempt by the production houses to pump this movie. Yeah, some blood but that figures, this movie misses his usual mark. Which is usually a little off anyway.

I'll wait for DVD. Thanks