• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SCAM Alert

vicsteele

There are people that have posted here and on other sites claiming that thier uncle has gifted them some anniversary cigars acting like they don't know how much they are worth in hopes that someone will make them an offer. These cigars are pure fakes and are very obvious. Don't fall for this scam.

There are people that have posted here and on other sites claiming that thier uncle has gifted them some anniversary cigars acting like they don't know how much they are worth in hopes that someone will make them an offer. These cigars are pure fakes and are very obvious. Don't fall for this scam.

Point them out, please...

LOL. I can't say the thought never crossed my mind when I saw the post from a newbie.

Correct, I saw the same post on CW a while back, same story exactly. It is a dupe scam. Its like that old lady who claims she found a diamond earring and acts all innocent and has no idea what it is worth and then they offer to buy it and she sells. People jumped on it and bought it thinking they just got the deal of a lifetime off when really she has a bag full of $1 fake diamond earrings.

Point them out, please...

Yes, proof please!

Brian

Since you need a membership at CW, I will cut and post the posts as opposed to putting the links in.

1. I'm back from Boca Raton in Florida and I received 4 cuban partagas from my uncle.

They are 7in long, salomon size. The ring is embossed(perfect, look real). The construction is perfect. I never heard about thoses. 350$ a box of 25

There are others but I have to get back to work,

Since you need a membership at CW, I will cut and post the posts as opposed to putting the links in.

1. I'm back from Boca Raton in Florida and I received 4 cuban partagas from my uncle.

They are 7in long, salomon size. The ring is embossed(perfect, look real). The construction is perfect. I never heard about thoses. 350$ a box of 25

There are others but I have to get back to work,

I have a valid account at CW, can you PM me the link?

Seems strange you would brand someone as a scam artist, then leave when someone asks you to provide a link. I'm still waiting for you to respond to my PM.

Seems strange you would brand someone as a scam artist, then leave when someone asks you to provide a link. I'm still waiting for you to respond to my PM.

I'm just warning people in advance before someone gets burned. Too many eager people willing to buy whatever someone wants to sell. Take it as you want but don't get fooled by people that claim to not know what something is worth and then act innocent about it. This is not a witch hunt, this is a warning to people to keep your wallets safe.

I'm just warning people in advance before someone gets burned. Too many eager people willing to buy whatever someone wants to sell. Take it as you want but don't get fooled by people that claim to not know what something is worth and then act innocent about it. This is not a witch hunt, this is a warning to people to keep your wallets safe.

MANY posters on this board already said the cigars were fakes WITHOUT accusing the guy of being a scammer. If you have real evidence of this then post it, otherwise you shouldn't make accusations.

Just been on CP for 15 days and making accusations like this, I want real 100% unquestionable proof. As many others have said...Read more, post less. I see other steps that should have been taken before you outright accuse someone of scamming. Should have contacted Rod and provided absolute proof and not by cut and pasting. Another step would have been contact a FOG and again, show your proof. There is already enough posters on the board that if they say is fake, no one is gonna buy them. And they dont have to say SCAM. :p

Thanks for the heads up, Vic...

Seems like what he has is counterfeit - hopefully he doesn't try and sell 'em here... ;)

Sorry Sir but your an ass. I never once said they where for sale! All I was looking for was information since none was to be had on the net "for apparent reasons". I was very warmly received in the introduction forums so I bealive there are alot of helpfull,friendly,courtious and warm people on these forums. Thanks for the unfounded accusations they make a newbie feel real good :(

Sorry Sir but your an ass. I never once said they where for sale! All I was looking for was information since none was to be had on the net "for apparent reasons". I was very warmly received in the introduction forums so I bealive there are alot of helpfull,friendly,courtious and warm people on these forums. Thanks for the unfounded accusations they make a newbie feel real good :(

Oh, boy... CoventryCat will be very helpful with your spelling... :whistling:

But, my friend - if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear!!! ;)

Oh, boy... CoventryCat will be very helpful with your spelling...
But, my friend - if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear!!!

So sorry. I was typing fast because I was a little P.O'ed

[/quote]And I still think you need to tell your uncle he has been buying fakes...
My uncle is a smart man :whistling: and can be argumentative and out of respect I will not go there with him. I know its going to be expensive but the only way I have a chance of making him see the truth is to send him some real C.C. I have never bought a box so I guess I am going to have to start doing some research.

Oh, boy... CoventryCat will be very helpful with your spelling... :whistling:

But, my friend - if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear!!! ;)

With the Brooklyn accent, I didn't even notice. :laugh:

What part of Brooklyn are you from ImSmokingAgain?