• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Schneider & Brooklyner Hopfen-Weisse

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Maybe you beer guys will find this info from Sam's Wines interesting.

Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery and Hans-Peter Drexler of Private Weissebeirbrauerei G. Schneider & Sohn have made the Schneider & Brooklyner Hopfen-Weisse. This is an extremely limited edition (it was only brewed once) brew that combines the unique styles of both brewmasters and the unique produce of that particular region. It combines the American love of tart, dry hopped ales with the quintessential German wheat, yeast-driven Weisse beers.

Schneider & Brooklyner Hopfen-Weisse

Buy it here.

Schneider & Brooklyner Hopfen-WeisseTasting Notes:

Pours a rich, opaque golden color with a towering, pillowy white head. Initial aromas of wheat and banana on the nose, with a tart orange peel hop note that is more reminiscent of American Pale Ale. It is creamy on palate, with bright, fresh hop notes from the indigenous Hallertauer Saphir hops grown next to the Schneider brewery. Zesty tropical fruit and creamy lemon curd flavors throughout. This lovely Weisse beer finishes strong with spicy hints of pepper and chewy caramel. This is a one-of-kind beer, marrying the best of traditional German Weisse beers and American Ales seamlessly into something that is greater than the whole.

They were opening the box at my local when I visited. I picked some up, but haven't tried it yet.
I'm a big Schneider fan.

Okay, I decided to crack this one open tonight while watching some crappy pre-season football.
IMG_0351.jpg

8.2% ABV! I didn't realize this was so big when I bought it.
Poured a hazy gold with a massive head. Lots of carbonation. I think it was bottle conditioned.
Fresh hop aroma, plenty of citrus. It doesn't have that banana/clove flavor of a typical hefe. I wonder what kind of yeast they used.
There's some alcohol in the aroma. It has a pretty unique aroma.
Nice mouthfeel, bready malt flavors. There's a good amount of hop bitterness, very dry. Alcohol flavor is pretty strong in the finish. There is a lot of malt there.

This kind of reminds me of drinking the Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel. A combination of two brewing traditions. It is fun to drink, but I don't know if you would want more than one.

Man that is a murky beer! Thanks for the review Pete, I am always excited to try brews like this where they combine two unique brewing styles. This seems like one to try if for nothing else just to experience it.

Man that is a murky beer! Thanks for the review Pete, I am always excited to try brews like this where they combine two unique brewing styles. This seems like one to try if for nothing else just to experience it.

Hefe Weizen is always really murky if poured correctly. Man thats a cool looking bottle, any word if they also did a Germany release?

Hefe Weizen is always really murky if poured correctly. Man thats a cool looking bottle, any word if they also did a Germany release?

The articles I read made it seem like it was available in Germany as well. There is some info on the German side of the Schneider website.

German article

I couldn't find the same info on the English side.

Its only available at the Schneiderhaus in Munich and Kelheim... hmmmm time to talk my wife into a trip lol

And the German version is different than the American version according to the website, the German version uses German Malts and Hops, the American version uses American Malts and Hops. Boooo they should both be the same IMO.