• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SCOTCH CLUB in CENTEX

high-n-tight

Hey all;

I just found out there's a SCOTCH CLUB here in the local area that meets on the 3rd Thursday of the Month. I haven't gone yet, but plan to make it next month. The first time you attend it's free, but $20 each time after that. From what the gentlemen told me is that every month they meet at a different place and there's a variety to choose from.

My question to you all since I'm really not a connoisseur (yet) is, what are the basic things to look for in a good SCOTCH?

And....is $20 a good price?

I'll follow up to this post once I attend. I believe their next meeting is 17 March.

Thanks

Hey all;

I just found out there's a SCOTCH CLUB here in the local area that meets on the 3rd Thursday of the Month. I haven't gone yet, but plan to make it next month. The first time you attend it's free, but $20 each time after that. From what the gentlemen told me is that every month they meet at a different place and there's a variety to choose from.

My question to you all since I'm really not a connoisseur (yet) is, what are the basic things to look for in a good SCOTCH?

I'll follow up to this post once I attend. I believe their next meeting is 17 March.

Thanks
How much can you drink. :whistling:

Doc.

I'd have to say there aren't anythings to look for in a scotch. Either you like it (even if just a little bit) or you don't. It all comes down to taste and what you find enjoyable. Some like a heavily sherried scotch like Aberlour or Macallan. Others a Peaty style like a number of the Islays. Who's to say what you'll like until you try some. I will say this, to give a scotch a fair shake you need to try it 3 times. Over ice, with a little water and neat. If you still don't like it... move on.

$20 a month to drink scotch and meet others interested in the hobby, I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

Hey all;

Thanks

Thanks

I'll first ask how much you have been drinking already. :laugh: As for what to look for. AVB already said it. If you like it, then you like it. I would jump on that in a heart beat for $20 a month so that I could try different Scotches and meet others that enjoy it as much as I do. Especially if you are wanting to learn about Scotch. Just think of it this way...1 good cigar versus unknown contacts and new found friends....Priceless!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: