• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scotch Collection Complete

There are always Macallans that are somewhat reasonable now ($400-600) that should go up but lots of folks collect them. Brora, Port Ellen, older Ardbegs, old Johnnie Walker expressions, I've had good luck with the Balvenie Vintage Casks........lots to choose from but you have to do some research on your own too. I'm not a scotch broker nor do I play one on TV.

Ray,

Do you have any recommendations for any bottles out there that might be worth picking up? Is it best to look at legacy bottles from distilleries no longer in operation (ie Port Ellen etc)?

I know bottles are for drinking and enjoying, however, I'm talking about picking up an extra just to hold on to.

Very nice, Ray. I remember chatting with you two or so years ago when you described your mission. Congrats on crossing the finish line. Having seen your collection first-hand, it's much nicer in-person than the printed list. :thumbs:

Thanks Rob, There is just too much to fit in one picture now but you really won't see much of a difference between the below pic and what it looks like currently. The pic has some shelves 2 and 3 deep while now ALL the shelves are 3 deep and ther is another case taking the overflow.

collection3607.JPG

I probably should have asked in my first post, but how long have you been working on this collection getting at least one bottle from each distillery? Which was the hardest to come across also? The last?

I actualized the idea about 3 years ago but only after collecting a majority of them by happenstance. The hardest one to find was an original bottling of North Port. I wanted a particular one and it took me a few years to find it although I could have others much easier. If you don't count that then the Ben Wyvis Final Resurrection which I had to get out of Japan.

AVB- Awesome collection!
wub.gif
Congrats! Now..... can I have your address- the times your at work/away from home- and the nearest U-Haul truck rental place to your house?
wink.gif

Just mind boggling, Ray. Thanks for all of the great reviews you have posted and the scotch buys you have hosted.

Wow. Congratulations, Ray. That's quite an accomplishment.

Awesome collection. Just curious but how are you organizing your collection, can't tell if its alphabetical or not.

Get those pesky books off those bottom shelves and you would have plenty more room! :p That's still beautiful, Ray!

Ha I noticed the same thing SB. Was trying to figure out what kind of odd shaped bottles would fit in a container as thin as....a..book....oh.

Excellent accomplishment AVB! Always nice to accomplish your goals.

It is in alphabetical order for the most part

Awesome collection. Just curious but how are you organizing your collection, can't tell if its alphabetical or not.

Gotta keep Grandpas stamp collection someplace and since those shelves are blocked by the chair that works out the best.

Get those pesky books off those bottom shelves and you would have plenty more room! :p That's still beautiful, Ray!

Nicely done, Ray! Nothing like adding the final item to an important collection. :thumbs:

I've always been a collector of one thing or another, and that part of me wonders, what's next?