• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Screw top wines??

Screw top wines??

• Go caps!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cork for me, screw ons were for college $6 bottles only

• Hven't tried screw caps

• Total voters

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
A bunch of Australian winemakers are now useing screw caps instead of corks for their wines. any opnions?

I have to go with the traditional cork. There is just something basically wrong with a screw top. I am a hopeless romantic and love the traditional whenever possible. If I'm gonna pop open a bottle of wine I better need my corkscrew! JMO...

I'm with Lucas. It has to have a cork. Screw tops just don't seem right.

I know nothing about wine so if the corks go I will have no way of knowing good from bad. :D :D

Never tried one but I will say that screw tops take a lot of the charm out of wine. Of course, opening up a $100 bottle where the cork's gone bad ain't much fun either.

gibu said:
I know nothing about wine so if the corks go I will have no way of knowing good from bad. :D :D
Don't let the cork fool you. There is a lot of corked crap out there. Still I'm sure that any corked bottle will beat a Mad Dog 20/20. ;)

Yea I was just kidding. I've actually been hearing alot about screw tops. Both because the screw tops are more reliable, and because there is so much great wine around for so cheap do to the glut in the market.

hey!! mo'gan david two oh two oh happens
to be a fine bit o' the grape! :thumbs:
stawberry hill is also a fine house wine.........trailer house, but none the less,
house. :sign: i also just looooove slutter home!! :love:

todd