• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sealing Glass Humidor

Malibuboats91

I recently purchased a humidor that has a glass door and like thick plastic sides from Craigslist just as another humidor to have. It was bought off of eBay for $80 I guess and I got them down to $10 for it. When I bought it I noticed that the sides weren't sealed the best which wasn't a big deal toe since it was only 10 bucks. What would I be able to use to seal the sides on it? I was thinking like tacky glue but then the wood might absorb that smell. Thanks in advance!

You really need to post a pic in order for us to evaluate the best approach.

You really need to post a pic in order for us to evaluate the best approach.

This, for sure! ^

Also I think there was a thread around here at some point about making a plexiglass humi if I remember correctly?

In any cause make sure you head over to the Introduce Yourself Here forum, read up on the rules and guides, and do a whole bunch of searching. Great wealth of info here that will be revealed to you if you stick by the rules.

Welcme to CP!

Here is the link to it on eBay. Thanks! http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270777244347&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=82720979357

Use an alcohol based bathtub sealer, readily available from HD or Lowes.
I used GE Silicon II, I think. But read the ingredients to make sure you get
the alcohol based one. Many bathtub caulks are acid based and smell like vinegar.
Don't use them..

Let the caulk cure for a week, and you're ready to put in your cigars.

Chemyst :cool:

Okay thanks! I will definitely try that. It was only $10 for the humoral so I couldn't pass up the deal.

Use an alcohol based bathtub sealer, readily available from HD or Lowes.
I used GE Silicon II, I think. But read the ingredients to make sure you get
the alcohol based one. Many bathtub caulks are acid based and smell like vinegar.
Don't use them..

Let the caulk cure for a week, and you're ready to put in your cigars.

Chemyst :cool:

This is in fact the way to do it, I had one with a glass top and got the GE silicone alcohol based sealant and it worked great. Just make sure you have temporary storage lined up before you do this so you can allow the sealant to fully "cure" before you put your sticks back in. Read the back of the tube and it will give you a time for when the product reaches full cure.

I bought the cheapest bath silicon I could find. Works great. It's been holding a constant 69% humidity

Thanks for updating us on your process. Again, dont forget to introduce yourself and fill out your profile as is requested by all the membership here!