• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seasoning a newbies palate?

The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know. Thanks everyone for the help. :thumbs:

there is really no way to "season" a palate. Some people just genetically are unable to taste certain flavors even after smoking for years. Same with food and wine.. Your best bet IMO is to smoke anything you can get your hands on try things, smoke them slow and let the smoke stay in your mouth on different parts of your palate. Eventuallly smoke will taste like different things to you, and eventually you will be able to pick up subtle things on different parts of your palate.

Nice avatar Raph, I'm starting to grow quite fond of Gurkhas.
Thanks alot, i personally love many of their lines.

Why pair great cigars with crappy coffee?

I didn't mean crap I meant Cappucino (cap). I ran out and bought a bottle of Havana dulce de leche cappuccino so I can see how that effects the flavor of the cigar. It looke like it has a lot of sugar in it which I read is good.

I was referring to crappy Starbucks. I hate Starbucks with a passion.

I didn't give up. Tonight after a jog, shower and dinner I fired up a Conga Black Pearl that came in a sampler. I had a small glass of the Havana cappuccino along with it.

What a difference. The cigar tasted so much better, and I limited myself to 1/2 hour of smoking so I wouldn't over do it and feel sick. My only regret was throwing away 2/3 of the cigar.

Thanks to everyone that responded for the advice. ;)