• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Second Humidor

Randyb1

I have no idea where they all came from but im allready running out of room in my first humidor. Ive been leaning toward just building a cooledor because of the capacity but then I came across a 500 count humidor in the Thompson cat. At $225. it didnt sound that bad , other than prob. having the Thompson logo plastered on it somewhere, not sure the pic. didnt show.

Anyway was just wondering if anyone has a humidor from Thompson and if so what there opinion was. :D

I would post a link but couldnt find one in there online cat.

Personally, I'd go the coolerdor route. A 100 or 150 Quart model goes for anywhere from $20.00 to $39.00 at your favorite Big Box store and another investment in these will get you set up fo a lot less money than giving it to Thompson's.

coventrycat86 said:
Personally, I'd go the coolerdor route. A 100 or 150 Quart model goes for anywhere from $20.00 to $39.00 at your favorite Big Box store and another investment in these will get you set up fo a lot less money than giving it to Thompson's.
150's for $39.00? Heck, that beats Walmart by $20.00. What is a Big Box Store and where can I find one? I've maxed out a combined 300 quarts, and I feel the need for more humidification, please! :D

Randyb1 said:
I have no idea where they all came from but im allready running out of room in my first humidor. Ive been leaning toward just building a cooledor because of the capacity but then I came across a 500 count humidor in the Thompson cat. At $225. it didnt sound that bad , other than prob. having the Thompson logo plastered on it somewhere, not sure the pic. didnt show.

Anyway was just wondering if anyone has a humidor from Thompson and if so what there opinion was. :D

I would post a link but couldnt find one in there online cat.
Thompson humidors vary in quality - as they come from a variety of companies I believe. The one you are looking at can be found for sale other places (search for "The Geneve Humidor" on google - though it is also known by other names). I've seen this humidor in person, and it is fairly well made for the price. It seals well - and is decently put together. No idea how the placement of the humidification devices works, but you can always place climaxx in different areas if need be.

Normally, the cheapest retail place for this humidor is:

Cheaphumidors.com...

You can find it other places for prices ranging from 250 to 500 - and occassionally on ebay for as low as about $150. Here's a link to one on Cigarbid right now (though it is darker in color - in black veneer instead) that is at $171:

Cigar Bid Link

One thing to keep in mind: This humidor has both a glass top and glass front - and is a furniture style that you'll be tempted to leave out in the open - almost used as an end-table. I like glass-topped humi's - but not out in the open where they tend to get too warm and receive too much light.

I personally don't like this kind of victorian style, but if it suits your style - why not. You might want to consider other options that are either cheaper or "nicer" (whatever that means), including just putting together a coolerdor (more space, dirt cheap, etc) or if you want a glorious piece of craftsmanship with money as no object, then check out people like this: Arlin Link.

Cheers,

- Oak

I had a Thompson 175 count until eariler this year. Looked OK, sealed well and kept the humidity in. I still have it if you want a deal. Colossal Humidor

What is a Big Box Store and where can I find one?

LOL that's a term that some anti-development people use for Wal-Mart, Target, Loew's, Home Depot, and stores like that who build those "big, ugly gawd awful buildings that ruin people's lives"

It seems to me that I only paid $19.00 for a 100 quart Coleman cooler at my local Wal-Mart two months ago.

LOL that's a term that some anti-development people use for Wal-Mart, Target, Loew's, Home Depot, and stores like that who build those "big, ugly gawd awful buildings that ruin people's lives"

Here here, I run a big box store and I resemble that remark! :p :p

But not one of those.

coventrycat86 said:
What is a Big Box Store and where can I find one?

Anti-development people? Oh, you mean the owners of existing businesses who can't effectively compete with companies utilizing a modern business plan. :sign: Now, I understand. LOL! :D