• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Secondos

Jomara

I was looking for a cigar for the short breaks
Something for when you don't have the time to enjoy the usual 6x50 or whateveralso wanted to keep it cheap. Bought a bundle of La Aurora Petit Coronas Seconds. Having never bought seconds before I'm curious of other peoples experiences with these bundles.Thanks for the input
Joe :)

La Aurora is the rebirth of a fine old cigar. The seconds are generally good cigars but often have burn problems. Send me a couple and I'll smoke test them for you!

I once bought a couple of seconds at the local cigar shop, and was not too happy with them. They did not have a good burn, and the draw was not good at all. I'm sure their not all like this though.Rod

I've only bought seconds from my smoke shop once. They cost twice as much as a bundle of JR Alts and weren't nearly as good. When I go looking for bargain smokes I look for JR Alts, El Credito, or Consuegra. All of these are excellent smokes for the dollar.(This is, of course, just my opinion.)

From what I understand there are two types of “seconds.”  The kind we like to believe in are smokes from factories that make name brand cigars.  The seconds are cigars that fail to meet quality standards.  Hopefully the flaw is only cosmetic but it could be because there is too much or too little tobacco – I think they weigh them.The other type of second is rolled by inexperienced rollers using tobacco that failed to meet quality standards.  In this case, you are smoking inferior leaf that was used to train new rollers.  Not too desirable.I don’t know how you tell one from the other except by reputation.  Everyone seems happy with Consuegra – I snagged one in my last pass and look forward to giving it a try.
(Edited by CD at 9:18 am on Feb. 9, 2001)

I have tried the kind that is inferior tobacco rolled by trainees....not good. Too bad I bought a bundle of 25 :(

Lumberg said:
I have tried the kind that is inferior tobacco rolled by trainees....not good. Too bad I bought a bundle of 25 :(
Yuck, what did you buy?