• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seen any good movies lately?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
So, it looks like quite a few good movies are coming out. Anyone gonna see 'em? I wanna Scary Movie 2. I saw part 1, and it was really funny. I think 2 will be better. There's another movie I want to see, but can't remember the name...Rod

I haven't been to the theaters lately. The last really good movie I saw was on pay-per-view, "American Beauty" with Kevin Spacey. A really strange movie, but hysterical at times.

I've seen Tomb Raider, it's OK
and The Fast and the Furious, it's OK too but good race sceens.

Question? Let's ask this another way - are there any movies out right NOW that are worth going to see? I can't think of any off the top of my head. No Summer Blockbusters that were a "must see" so far this year. I could be wrong - have I overlooked a good move? If so...please let us know.

Don't see J. Park 3. I hear it is no good! "The scenes they took out of the other 2 movie from the book are put into this one," is what a friend told me. Sounds like wait 'till DVD for me. That's too bad. I was looking forward to big things eating other big things!

MMMMMmmmmmmm....Angelina Jolie.... :)Too late Puro, I saw Jurrasic Park 3 last night. It was ok. I liked the 1st one better. In part 3, it's all about escaping from the dinosaurs.

I saw Final Fantasy yesterday. I wanted to see it mostly b/c of the technical aspects to the movie. The computer generated actors really look real. A few times I caught myself believing they were real people. Anyway, the movie was a little odd and I would say it would look really good on DVD and that is what I would recommend, wait for it to hit the video store.

Well here is my 2 cents...
I also had the pleasure of watching Final Fantasy over the weekend and I figure I would make a comment since I also play the game. They did an extremely good job on rendering the characters, skin, body, and fluid movement, those effects where out of hand, the only thing I would say that they need to work on in the future would be getting the lipsyncing a little more accurate, a few scenes made it really obvious that it was off, and intense facial expressions (like when someone dies) need to be improved upon which would make it extremely believable. Overall, the 3D worlds are amazing, and with all the patience and time consuption 3D work consumes, this movie took it all to another very realistic (almost scary) level. Definitely a must for any DVD collection!

saw "Moulin Rouge" last week...Very quirky and quite well filmed...Il ove McGregor,Kidman and Broadbent. I saw tomb raider as well...I coould take angelina out any day!
Want to see "Hedwig and The Angry Itch" if it ever plays around here!

I had an angry itch one time...but that is a different story.

Planet of the Apes comes out Friday!!! WooHoo!!!Watched "the Family Man" on DVD last night and have to say that I actually enjoyed it! Tonite we watch..again...The Making of the Havana. In DVD surround sound. You can almost hear the tobacco krinkle as they roll!! :)

The making of the Havana...what's that? It sounds good though! Hard to get or can I rent it somewhere?I also liked the Family man, the best part of that movie thought is the car...ooooooo...matalic grey ferrari....oh how that car looks up close. The cigar bar I also go to has a customer that has a new 360 Modena (sp?) Ferrari. I almost took a chair out the the parking lot so I could stare at it while having my smoke. It was so beautiful. Anyone else a car fan? If so, what make/model is your favorite?

Oh ya, Planet of the Apes looks really cool too. I will be at the theater on Friday for that one!

Planet of the Apes... I liked the 70's cheesey version, I gotta see the new one.

Okay, so I had the wrong name. It is The Fabulous Story of the Cuban Cigar. The ebst hour long documentary I've seen since Beavis and Butthead first came out. What?? B & B isn't a documentary??? :)

I finally saw Planet of the Apes. I thought the makeup and special effects were great, but that's Rick Baker for ya! Anyway, the story was OK and the ending is a surprise. Over all, 3 out of 5 stars...got to go...a pass just got here!!!!!! YEAHHH!

Planet of the Apes is a really good flick. Been thinking about the ending for a few days now........still stumped.