• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Selecting a "nice" cigar

MartyMcFly

As of Sept. 4th my girlfriend and I will have been together for 4 years. She has expressed some interest in getting me a "nice" cigar as one of my presents. I am pretty new to cigars so I am turning to fellow smokers for some suggestions. The criteria which I would like it to fall under would be ~$20.00 and preferably not something that is going to kick my ass. The only sticks that come to mind right now are the Padron 1964 Anniversary and the 1926. So please help a newb out, any and all suggestions are welcome.

Personally I would choose a Padron Serie 1926 #2 maduro. You can get one for around ~$16. A great smoke IMO that won't give you a kick like some Opus will. I love the whole line, but this is my personal favorite.

Bro, you're from Glenview?! Nice! i"m from Buffalo Grove and go to school at ISU. The answer to your question- get a few Tats! or if you only get one maybe go w/ what Jonesy said. :thumbs:

Tatuaje RC233, a Diamond Crown in a maduro (very tasty but mild to med. in strength) I prefer the figurado, but the others might be easier to find. Davidoff millenium robusto is a great cigar, earthy and leathery with a nice dose of coffee and cocoa but is med. to full but shouldn't hurt you too bad. AVO LE '07 is fantastic and a good med. stick still a young but smokes well all the way to the end, has a grassy taste at the beginning then really comes together for the rest of the smoke.

Good luck and congratulations, my wife and I are coming up to that mark in October, which reminds me... mmm cigars.
It was just brought to my attention that its only been three years, my bad.

edited 'cause I'm an idiot

For something that won't kick your ass to heavily, you might also consider something from the Cabiguan line or the JJ line. Also in addition to the LE7, Avo's othjer stuff is quite tasty while remaining in the medium range with regard to strength.

You can get 2 Padron 64 Maduro Principe for $8 each at Billboard Tobacco (a great vendor).

I will always choose 2 64's over 1 of the 26's (or 3 for 2 depending on what size). To my taste, there isn't that much difference to make up for the added cost of the 26's.

Davidoff Diademas Finas.
Padilla Signature 1932 Lancero
La Aurora Preferido Sapphire tubo
LG Small Batch
Tatuaje Cojonu 2006

Did I miss anything?

Thanks guys for all the quick responses. I think im gonna get some of these suggestions into a list, that way she will have several to chose from seeing as tho all of these might not be easily accessible.