• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Self-important, ignorant fools

SamGuss

I get hired temp-to-perm for a debt settlement company as a settlement negoiator...

First day is fine, if boring as I go through training - real basic....

Second day there and I settle 2 accounts, which after companyies cut they (the company) make abot $2 grand...

Third day, it is morning... an offer comes through... I check with the other co-workers to see if this is a good deal... they agree it is and I agree to it...

The "supervisor" decides he doesn't like the offer, rags me and the entire department out... I offer up my apology and start to explain when I am cut-off and told not to "f#$*ing do it again", to which to this barrage I pat myself on the back...

I respond clearly, nicely and evenly... "please talk to me in a professional manner, I am not here for you to cuss out"... My co-workers are pissed - especially the ones that helped me make this settlement, the manager is pissed - I am pissed, we all take a break in an attempt to lower the hostility level...

After break I am told to sit by one of the other settlement people for further training...

After lunch, since my training person is not back, I check my phone message real quick - time frame 3-4 minutes.... of course during this time numbnuts comes through scowling...

After lunch about an hour later I am told a meeting would be going on and that it was for full employees only and as a temp I would need to leave early...

15 minutes later in my car I get the call the temp agency, I have been asked not to come back. Reasons?

1) I spent too much time on my cell phone instead of working.
2) My training wasn't going well.

Right now I am wishing I had slapped that disrepesctful POS instead of calmly reminding him this was a damn business and not a bar :angry:

Gotta love right-to-work states :sign: (and actually I do like them despite the inherant flaws - like a jackass wannabe 20 yr old punk who is charge of a department but never back there decides in his 2 meetings with me I shouldn't be there - little f$cker).

Anyway that's my story for today on how life is according to me.

Sam

Sorry to hear that Sam. That's a tripped out supervis you got there.

Sam I'm sorry to hear it. You are a better man then me I would have
knocked is teeth down is throut.

I would have offered the horses hind end a cigar, it's amazing what a kind gesture will do. :D

keep your head up bro. you did the right thing. "the best revenge is living well"

:0
:angry: Good thing they didn't want you back, cause then you might have had to put up with another day of that crap.:angry:

Sounds like a "hostile work environment" suit waiting to happen./QUOTE]

Now THAT will definately happen. Be sure to let all your co-workers you'd be available to testify to that when someone there ever brings that suit forward because based on what you said, it's only a matter of time ;)

LMAO!

Bummer Bruddah Sam.... :( But you're better off not having to put up with that crap and working for that butt-head. I'm sure something great will come up for you soon Bro!

Aloha,

Wade

Big Slim Junior said:
Sounds like a "hostile work environment" suit waiting to happen. :lookup:
I'm with slim. Maybe, maybe not, but it's worth checking into.

Sorry to hear the bad new Sam, your better off not haven' to work with that POS. Keep faith brother, things will work out soon..... :) :thumbs: :)

Sorry to hear about that little sawed off POS doing that! Just take solice in the facts that you don't have to put up with that Sh#@ any more and that the lilltle bastid will get his!!!! You can't act like that in the business world for long! It will come back to bite him in the astrick!

Sounds like you made some good money for the time you were there, and would you really WANT to go back to a shop that employs assholes like that?

Imagine what upper management must be like!! :sign:

Sammy,

The guy is a loon to say the least. If he can't figure out that you would be good for the place then your better off not there. Who needs that kind of grief. Life is to short to be around that kind of environment.

Keep your head up :D

BenjieV :D

SamGuss said:
The "supervisor" decides he doesn't like the offer, rags me and the entire department out... I offer up my apology and start to explain when I am cut-off and told not to "f#$*ing do it again", to which to this barrage I pat myself on the back...
Unless you did something really, really stupid in that deal -- ie, something that'd cost the company oodles of cash, I can't even fathom this. Hell, even then, it was unprofessional of the twit to curse you out on the job.

I think you dodged a bullet. No job is worth putting up with crap like that, it just isn't.