• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sencillo - Short Churchill Limited Rel 2010

CyGar

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.
Honduran Puro
Filler - Habano de Jamastran & Piloto Cubano
Binder - Habano de Jamastran
Wrapper - Habano de Jamastran

***Disclamer****

OK, this is my first review ever. I'm definitely a noob when it comes to smoking cigars but, I really enjoy it, especially after being on CP. I know this review is probably too long but, I wanted to let everyone know my experience each step of the way. I'm both excited & nervous because this will be the first review of this particular cigar on CP. I apologize for the quality of the pictures. I'd be very curious of the findings of my fellow BOTL. I hope your experience was as pleasurable as mine.

Cigar Background

This is a new smoke recently introduced from Prometheus the makers of GOF & Angelenos. It was created by Christian Eiora of Camacho cigars. There is not much out there about this right now, here is a linky for you to read just a little about it.

Linky For Ya

Cloudy in the mid-low 60's as I sit outside.

Nice brown wrapper with a slight oily sheen. Feels firm but, not
heavy in my hands. It does not have that barnyard smell but, a subtle aroma. The initial pre-light inhale was easy and the taste was sweet with a little spice on my lips.

sennew.jpg

Lighting cigar

Lots of spice and full bodied boldness like a San Christobal Fabuloso.

1st 3rd

1st.jpg

Spice at back of throat. Creamy leathery taste with a hint of
Vanilla. Even burn with a gray ash, boldness mellowing out a bit.

2nd 3rd

2nd.jpg

Creamy with a hint of earthiness and cinnamon. Able to exhale through
nose without much burn. Vanilla flavor is back now with a hint of
Chocolate. Turned into a smooth chocolate taste almost fudge like.

Halfway Point

4th.jpg

Still a chocolaty taste with a hint of nut now. A sold grayish
white ash has prevailed with an even burn.

Just Past Halfway

Nutty flavor really comes out now. Starting to get a leathery taste
well into halfway point. Still producing a fair amount of smoke.
Nearing the band level and the leathery taste is gone. Chocolate &
nutty flavor have come back.

Band Level

5th.jpg

Enjoying the nutty chocolate flavor with a new hint of spice.

Time To Take The Band Off

6th.jpg

Spice at back of throat has returned along with the starting boldness.

Last 3rd

Still creamy with lots of spice now, chocolate & nutty flavors.

Ending

Still nutty now with the return of the leathery taste and the spice is subsiding.

At The Nub

nub.jpg

Leathery taste is gone and the nutty flavor stands alone.

All in all this was a creamy smoke with a chocolaty nutty flavor
throughout. IMO it was constructed well and there was an even burn throughout with a firm grayish
white ash.

I found a blurb that says, Sencillo is a Spanish word, pronounced "sen-see-yo," and it means simple. Christian Eiora only used two types of tobacco to make the cigars. After smoking this cigar I believe this to be true. It has a simple nutty chocolaty flavor throughout.

I really enjoyed it and would purchase more. Since my
research has shown these have been aged 1 year, I wonder how it will
age and what it will turn into.

Nice review with a lot of pics .Sounded like you really liked it what would you rate it ?

Nice review with a lot of pics .Sounded like you really liked it what would you rate it ?

Thanks! For me, I would rate it at an 8. I did forget to mention the price, it was priced at $7.95 a stick and IMHO definitely worth it.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures.

There was a thread posted a while back with tips on taking better pics for reviews:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=39070&view=findpost&p=566786

Hope it helps.

And don't worry about it being too long, or anything. You accomplished what you set out to do, "I wanted to let everyone know my experience each step of the way."

I apologize for the quality of the pictures.

There was a thread posted a while back with tips on taking better pics for reviews:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=39070&view=findpost&p=566786

Hope it helps.

And don't worry about it being too long, or anything. You accomplished what you set out to do, "I wanted to let everyone know my experience each step of the way."

I was using a Blackberry phone. I have to play with the focus settings on closeups like that. I'm a little disappointed because I wanted everything to just right. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate any and all feedback.

Nice review. Never smoked or seen a Sencillo for that matter, but at just under $8, it could be worth a try.