• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seriously Impressed with Padron

bursty

In the months past, I used to smoke the occasional '26 or '64 for a special treat and was always thoroughly impressed. I was so impressed that I decided to snatch up a box of 2000 Maduros to test Padrons base line. A few months went by and I hadnt had anything Padron for a while. I recently picked up a '26 #1 and the Padron fever hit me like a freight train. I bought a few 6000 maduros and a couple Churchills. Both have been absolutely phenominal; I was especially impressed by the Churchill, which was only $4. I also began smoking my 2000s that have been siting for about 6 months and was again very impressed with its smooth, creamy flavor.

Not much point to this thread, just to annouce that I am officially a Padron whore :love:

I will say the Padron line are my new favorite daily smokes, the 2000 in particular. I agree that, with some age, they improve. They smoke nicely right out of the box as well. This forced me to get the Padron ashtray to accompany. :D

The 26s and 64s are reserved for the weekends when they are partnered with a neat glass of Redbreast 12.

edited for ashtray remark

Welcome back to the incredible world that is Padron. I expect to see a box of 6000's and a 5er of 26s and 64s in that humi asap! :thumbs:

-Zach

I recently smoked one of the 1926 40th year anniversary sticks....

Probably the most enjoyable smoke I've had yet. It got smoked down to the very nub!

I'd love to get more...too bad they are $25 a piece :love:

Question: On the Padron regular line "X000", which wrapper is the better, do you think ? Is it the Natural or the Maduro ? I want to get a box for aging, the Padron 3000's particularly, but I don't want to buy 2 boxes, one for the Natural and the other for the Maduro. Give me some opinions and advices, please... :D

Question: On the Padron regular line "X000", which wrapper is the better, do you think ? Is it the Natural or the Maduro ? I want to get a box for aging, the Padron 3000's particularly, but I don't want to buy 2 boxes, one for the Natural and the other for the Maduro. Give me some opinions and advices, please... :D
I prefer the Maduro, but I would recommend grabbing one of each and trying them before you buy a box. Whichever you chose, I dont think you'll be disappointed! :thumbs:

they certainly are a great smoke for a fairly inexpensive cigar. i love them, welcome to the padron whore club.

I also love any padron I can get my hands on. Go with the 3000 maddies if you want to buy one box. They are great! :thumbs:

Brandon

I became turned on to the maduro wrapper after smoking a Padron Ambassador maduro. I have had a box of 2000 maduros sitting in the humi' for several months now. I can't wait to break it open. Maybe tonight. :)

To my mind, they are one of if not the most consistantly smokable lines in cigars. I've got a couple of boxes of 2000 maddies set aside but for the last two nights I've not been able to resist PAM64's for the evening smoke. Solid, smooth, fantastic smokes.

I'd have to say that overall, all things considered, the 2000 maddie is my "go to" daily smoke....unless a '64 throws itself in front of the cutter first....

Regards - B.B.S.

The 3000 is the smoke that kicked off the habit for me. I also find every smoke in the Padron line a tastey consistant smoke for the $. Smoked a 64 Torpedo last night and have 2 26 #1 sitting in the humi just itching for a little fire.

I started smoking Padrons in the mid 90's and they have been as consistent back then as they are today. I smoke the regular line as my go to golf cigars,with the Magnum Maduro being my current favorite. I also keep the 6000, Ambassadors, Churchills and Palmas in stock at all times.

The 1964 maduro are some of the best cigars being made today. I stock the Corona's, Exclusivos, Monarcas and Superiors and try to smoke at least 5 a week of these.

I love the 1926's but will only buy a single here or there. I cannot justify the price difference between those and the 64's.

6ba17be2.jpg

I love the Padron cigars so much that I make regular trips to Padron's in Little Havana to replenish the stash. The above photo was taken by a member of the Padron family at their little reception area inside their Miami (Little Havana) headquarters. I am in the middle. Please note the hand made, hand painted, custom humidors in the back. These are made for each member of the Padron family. If only I could afford one like those!

I added to the Padron stash today. Bought a half box of 6000 maddies and Churchill maddies. I'll give them a few months of rest time, if I can last that long. :love: