• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sharing pics and Quoting posts

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
For some odd reason I can't do either from my tablet anymore via Crome or IE. Is anyone else having this issue? My tablet was recently updated at work but don't know if that is the cause...

Paul

I've noticed the same thing lately but I chalked it up to operator error.

I also can't copy and paste anything to cp to post it. for example DC#'s...

Rod any thoughts?

Paul

Stupid question, Paul - when's the last time you rebooted your tablet?  A full power off / power on cycle?  Yes, even tablets get confused, too..... ;)

I've done it a few time since this issue has started. It's only happen here on CP no other forum's or FB.

Which tablet are you using? It's working on my iPad.

Rod/Paul,

I'm on my surface pro 2 attempting to recreate the issues Paul is experiencing... & it appears that the issue is consistent.
Unable to quote, etc...

BigBear said:
Rod/Paul,

I'm on my surface pro 2 attempting to recreate the issues Paul is experiencing... & it appears that the issue is consistent.
Unable to quote, etc...
What OS? RT?

Also - see this LINKY (yes...it's legit)

A note from that thread:

"Not sure if this is still an issue, but there is a way to make Chrome look better without changing the display of the entire desktop too. Go to the install directory for chrome (C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application), right click Chrome.exe and select properties. Under the compatibility tab, select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Restart chrome and it should look better - this will make the chrome window/text look smaller. If you want it bigger without the blurry-ness, go into chrome settings, click "show advanced settings" and change the page zoom to 125% or 150%. Makes chrome 100% usable again =)"

This MAY help with the other items as well. 

The browsers in an RT OS act differently than a standard OS. There may NOT be a solution. 

This is a new issue. I've has this tablet for 8 months and this just started last month. But I'll try that.

Thank you
Paul

Tall Paul said:
This is a new issue. I've has this tablet for 8 months and this just started last month. But I'll try that.

Thank you
Paul
Windows updates probably had something to do with the change!

Tall Paul said:

Thank you
Paul
TP, apparently you need to trade your Surface Pro 2 in for an iPad Air 2.

grateful1 said:

Rod/Paul,

Unable to quote, etc...
What OS? RT?

Also - see this LINKY (yes...it's legit)

A note from that thread:

"Not sure if this is still an issue, but there is a way to make Chrome look better without changing the display of the entire desktop too. Go to the install directory for chrome (C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application), right click Chrome.exe and select properties. Under the compatibility tab, select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Restart chrome and it should look better - this will make the chrome window/text look smaller. If you want it bigger without the blurry-ness, go into chrome settings, click "show advanced settings" and change the page zoom to 125% or 150%. Makes chrome 100% usable again =)"

This MAY help with the other items as well. 

The browsers in an RT OS act differently than a standard OS. There may NOT be a solution. 

Win 8.1... I was using Internet Exploder er Explorer.
I kinda figured an update as well, wouldn't that be fun!
Back to my Mac as usual now...  :thumbs:

EDIT: forgot a word

Tall Paul said:
Thank you
Paul
I can quote using my iPad but not my desktop. No clue!

I had this issue using Msoft Explorer last spring. Changed browser to chrome and solved the problem....for a while, then changed to Firefox and so far so good (knocking sound.......As if knuckles on wood). I have no idea why it happens and would really like to know.

On IE, go to "Tools", then "Internet Options" then "Privacy" then "advanced" Make sure "Override" and "Always allow" are checked. Then click OK, and restart IE...