• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shipping Cigars

gunsandcigars88

Quick question. When certain retailers offer shipping options such as vacuum sealing or humidified shipping for transits that may take a bit... What are you choosing to do? Wondering what is the best bang for my buck here, but want sticks to arrive in good shape. Don't want to save money while losing quality cigars though.
B

P.S. Been a while, started to miss this place.

I don't know what others think or do, but even if shipping into the US from overseas, I just opt for cheapest standard shipping. Some are sealed really well anyhow, most of the stuff comes pretty fast since none of it comes surface.

i just figure that is more money to spend on cigars.

I did some nitro sealed one time and I won't do it again. Worthless in my opinion. I just do the standard shipping now.

Most of the better guys throw a Bovida pack in with the sticks, seems to work fine.  I've never paid extra for fancy inert gas shipping, don't think I ever will.

I had a shipment of several boxes that sat in customs so long that I contacted the vendor who said he would refund or reship. I said I would give them another couple of days because there were a number of shipments delayed around that time. They came in the next day.

They were a _long_ time with just the standard shipping and were fine even though sitting for weeks in a US customs warehouse. 

The time in transit won't affect your cigars enough to justify paying extra for quicker shipping. They're making money off shipping costs as well.

Never had an issue. If I've waitied and just HAD to try one, I do, but the rest will get seven days rest just in case.

BlindedByScience said:
Most of the better guys throw a Bovida pack in with the sticks, seems to work fine.  I've never paid extra for fancy inert gas shipping, don't think I ever will.

Yep, just depends who you are buying from although still, I wouldn't pay any extra either.