• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shopping List Contest

Congrats on the one year.

One of my new favorites (courtesy of Julius) is the Liga T52. Good luck with whatever you decide to pick up.

I'll suggest the La Aroma De Cuba, also a pepin/ashton collaboration. Had one about a week ago and was very tasty. I like you have a very hard time picking up individual flavors in cigars and I still really enjoyed this cigar.
Make sure you get the new blend with the red ribbon around the foot, if you go searching these out. Great cigars at a very good price point. Can't wait until my B&M gets some more in. :)

John

I'll suggest the La Aroma De Cuba, also a pepin/ashton collaboration. Had one about a week ago and was very tasty. I like you have a very hard time picking up individual flavors in cigars and I still really enjoyed this cigar.

This is another vote for La Aroma De Cuba. I bought a box of the Churchills and they are far and away the best box of smokes I've purchased yet. I consider them even better than the box of Oliva Serie V which I literally burned through in less than 5 weeks. I plan on picking up a box of La Aroma De Cuba toros or robustos at the end of this month so I can enjoy them more often since I don't often have time for a 70+ minute Churchill.

A lot of delicious sticks have been noted, but I'm not sure the Liga Privada #9 or T52 was mentioned, and having smoked both of those I would say give them a shot starting with the #9.

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf (ligero)
Binder: Brazilian Mata Fina
Filler: Hoduran and Dominican
Size: 6 x 52 Belicoso
Price: $10

The #9's character is silky smooth, with little spice on the palate not to mention white clouds of billowing creamy smoke.

There are occasional notes of coffee and chocolate as well as a more distinct cherry note once you're halfway through with the cigar.

Enjoy!

-Jimmy

Bump for the weekend and for three days to go. You guys have given me a great good shopping list so far. Anyone else want to offer a suggestion? I'll be drawing for the Fuente fiver on Tuesday.

Congrats on the Anny!

I do not always get to enjoy this cigar, but you said you often smoke with a cup of joe...that that made me think of Oliva! An Oliva V torpedo with a cup of coffee in the morning is great! I absolutely love how each draw and sip compliment each other.

Sounds like you have a good amount of suggestions...I suggest you just go all out and try them all!

I'd recommend the Ashton VSG Belicoso #1. I'm finding that I really enjoy the entire VSG line (though I do have a couple more vitolas yet to try) but the #1has been the most delightful so far. It isn't a cheap cigar, but at about $11 or so (at least here in Miami) it still feels like I got a bargain each time I finish one.

I'll take a different tact since you've gotten some great suggestions. My favorite quick smoke is the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story. It's my favorite when I only have about 40 minutes.
Brian

Thanks for the contest and congratulations on the one year anny. I haven't seen any suggestions for the RP seasonals and would like to recommend the Autumn Collection 2009 Toro. Good construction and medium to medium full bodied cigar with some spice and a good sweet tobacco flavor through most of the smoke. About a 1.5 hour smoke.

-Montagieu

If you can find them, I'd recommend trying the La Flor Dominicana Salamone

I'm a big Illusione fan, but for this one, I'm going to go with something new ... Cain F. Full body, and not too much of what you said you weren't a fan of.

C...

OK, let's get this done. The first number I drew was 29 which, as it turned out, was one of my posts. So I drew again, and the winning number is 18.

Congratulations to Jim (Nashkicker). I don't need your address as it is in your profile. I will send your package out to you on Thursday.

To the rest of you, thanks for all of your suggestions. I have a great shopping list here and am really looking forward to smoking my way through it.

Sweet thanks brother! Very Funny though I just wrapped up my own 1 year anni contest yesterday. Make sure you get yourself some of those Illusione you wont be disappointed.

Casa Magna natural. This is a great cigar at a very affordable price point.

You should also try the Casa Magna maduro.

I happen to like the natural better.

Just reread your post and saw that the JL S2 is your favorite CC. Just about my favorite also :thumbs:; the PSD4 probably edges it out, but only slightly.

The Alec Bradley Family Blend is another cigar you should try. Another very nice smoke at a good price point.

I was just informed that I have a package waiting for me at home. I will be working late tonight probably wont open it till tomorrow. Thanks again brother! Congrats again on the anni