• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Short Story Lighting

bchem

~~~~~~WARNING~~~~~~~
ANOTHER "NEWBIE" QUESTION TO FOLLOW, FEEL FREE TO LAUGH/BUST BALLS

I've only smoked a handful of AF Short Stories in my cigar smoking life, but that and the Hemmingway Classic are the only two cigars I've smoke that have that particular shape. The first time I lit one, I used a guillotine (sp?) cutter on the foot before I lit it. After that, I've just lite the tiny foot. Other than once or twice, that has seemed to work and lead to a pretty even burn. So my question is, what are you supposed to do? What is the proper way to light cigars that have a foot shaped like this? By the way, what do you call that type of shape? Thanks for your help.

I just light the tiny foot, it's a well-made cigar and the cherry grows to the right size with a few puffs.

I just light the nub and let it get the larger part of the cigar started. Speaking of the unusual shape, one of my favorite cigars right now is the Ashton VSG Enchantment, which has is a similar vitola, and it packs quite a whallop. You might like to pick one up and give it a try.

I just light the nub and after a few puffs the burn evens itself out. I just stopped by my local tobacco shop and bought a few short stories myself. I am looking forward to lighting one up tomorrow. :D

what the heck is that shape called? and is it called something different when you are talking about a small short story, versus a similar shape but a longer cigar like the hemmingway classic?

I have no idea what the shape is called but smoked one this evening. I typically light the smaller end and just let it catch the rest, I like em' a good bit though.

K&P

bchem said:
what the heck is that shape called? and is it called something different when you are talking about a small short story, versus a similar shape but a longer cigar like the hemmingway classic?
[snapback]206730[/snapback]​

It is called a figurado.

I believe Fuente calls that particular shape a "Cuban Perfecto" cos obviously it's different from a regular perfecto.

Lumberg said:
I believe Fuente calls that particular shape a "Cuban Perfecto" cos obviously it's different from a regular perfecto.
[snapback]207069[/snapback]​

I think you mean Cuban Belicoso

KayakinBoy said:
Lumberg said:

[snapback]207184[/snapback]​

"My grandfather always made Cuban Perfecto Cigars. Perfecto cigars were very, very, popular during the 1920's 30's and 40's. I remember when I was growing up in the factory, we made a lot of cigars that were Perfecto shaped."

This from the Cigarfamily.com site about the Hemingway line of cigars. So, yes, the short story is a "Cuban perfecto" and it is a figurado.

-Fetter

A.F. Short stories is a great cigar. Smooth, cool burning , and pack with great flavor. I think you can smoke those in public places alittle bit easier.
One of my favorites

Tonydogs ;)

KayakinBoy said:
Lumberg said:

[snapback]207184[/snapback]​

Two different animals......

The Ashton vsg is good in that shape and the AVO is to die for in that shape (A bit mild so it is the first of the day)great flavor.

Mephiston said:
The Ashton vsg is good in that shape and the AVO is to die for in that shape (A bit mild so it is the first of the day)great flavor.
[snapback]207227[/snapback]​

Not a fan of that AVO, I've tried it twice and each time, I had a bad taste left behind. The Ashton VSG Enchanment on the other hand, is AWESOME!

KayakinBoy said:
Mephiston said:
[snapback]207227[/snapback]​

Not a fan of that AVO, I've tried it twice and each time, I had a bad taste left behind. The Ashton VSG Enchanment on the other hand, is AWESOME!
[snapback]207231[/snapback]​
i concur!