• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Short story sun growns... well kind of.

KeyserSoze

What else is there to do when your at home sick with 2 each of double chatuea SG and short storys in the humi. Make some short story sun growns that what. :) This post http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=40364 gave me the idea and thought a short story sun grown wrap would taste pretty damn good. So I pulled out the cigars, some el torcedor, swiss army knife and went to work. Gently took off the short story wraps and the same with the chateau sun growns. I sprayed a mist of distlled water on the sun grown wrap to soften it up and applied some torcedor at the foot and began a nice tight roll to the head. Sealed the wrapper at the head and began to apply 2 small round caps from the leftover wraps. First one didn't come out as smoothly as the second which was expected. I thought they came out pretty good for my first try. See below. I'll let them sit for a day or two in the dry box and monitor any possible mold from the wrapper. Should be an interesting smoke a few weeks from now. To be continued...

SSSG4.jpg

SSSG3.jpg

SSSG2.jpg

SSSG1.jpg

Oh my, did Dave suck you into this to? This seems to be a pretty common trend lately with some folks.

Wow... looks like a pretty nice job. I might have to get in on this...

Oh my, did Dave suck you into this to? This seems to be a pretty common trend lately with some folks.

Well Dave's post and after watching the essence of the cuban cigar pretty topped it off. It was pretty fun to do and I might do it again now that I got the kinks out. What also helps is to wrap up the cigar after you roll it with plastic wrap nice and tight like a tootsie roll wrapped at the ends. This will allow the wrapper and torcedor to bind and form better.

This an interesting subject. I always thought about making my own limited edition cigar.

Hmmm, I wonder how an oscuro natural short story would taste...

Good first try but don't quit your day-job yet. :D