• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should I buy a humidor

okiesmoke

So my question is: Should I buy a desktop humidor?

I have a coolidor full of about eight boxes of smokes but no desktop to display or grab when I don't want to rifle through my stash.

Thoughts?

So my question is: Should I buy a desktop humidor?

I have a coolidor full of about eight boxes of smokes but no desktop to display or grab when I don't want to rifle through my stash.

Thoughts?

I'd continue to "rifle". The humi will never be as big as you actually would (eventually) want or need it to be. That was my problem and I wound up with an Aristocrat with two drawers. My 2 cents says stick with the coolidor and maybe use a tupperdore for the temporary handful.

Anyone with boxes of cigars needs at least one desktop. It's a great presentation and it keeps prying eyes from the extent of your inventory.

Having a beautiful desktop to showcase your favorites is a great idea but rotate your sticks every once in awhile. Just my 2 cents.

Mark

yea that is what I was thinking. it just looks more classy, like cigar smoking is seen by most people, and going out tp the garage or basement to grab a few smokes from a cooler might make people wonder. This is why I grabbed a nice 100 count desktop humi and will not buy anymore, from now on I"ll use coolidors to keep the the larger part of my stash.

A humidor adds class. Get a good one and spend some bucks. They are like a piece of furniture and will last forever. Just keep it at the proper levels and your smokes will thank you for it. I aquired four of them over the years and I'm glad I did. Badhangerover is correct about the prying eyes.

I have an Aristocrat myself and I have a desktop downstairs that's not being used. After reading all these reviews I might just go and get it setup to store my daily smokes and some others that I smoke on occasion there. Now, I just need to get some Heartfield beads and start the seasoning process all over again. To bad it's a glass top, but it's not like people come over and smoke anyways.

I wish I could keep a desktop, as it is mine is in my vinotemp. The weather here is just too warm for that. Coldest room in my house is downstairs and it hits about 74 or so under a vent. To me thats too close and the last thing I want is beetles!

Glasstop is not so bad when it comes to your daily humidor. It allows you to gaze upon your collection and make your pick without having to open your humidor for long. Having a small count humidor open for those long periods can wreck havoc on its humidity maintenance. Better to lessen its ambient humidity recovery time by knowing what you want in advance and getting right to it as soon as you open it.