• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

should this work for my beads?

gtphale

newbie at heart
tried to find something to put my beads in so after searching around the house I came up with this idea.

cigars%20025.jpg

Wanted to keep a space between my Cubans and my domestics.

have a screen mesh blocking the holes so my beads don't roll out all over my box. :sign:

I took one of those flat tuppers... about 2" deep. Cut the center out of the top, loaded the beads, laid a square of the nylon window screen across it and popped the top back on. Snapping the top on drew the screen up nice and tight and I just cut the excess away with a straight edge. Works like a charm.

But that looks all right too. LOL.

NA

figured it would work pretty good gives me alot of surface area and doesn't take up a lot of room. As for your idea Sam i'm going to do that in the coolidor. Either that or hang some pantyhose from the top and let it hang with the beads in it.

weird works for everyone else. Click on the X and goto properties. Then paste link in address bar should bring you to pic.

I have my beads in some custom made cedar containers and found that I needed to allow the cedar to soak up a whole lot of moisture first because the wood kept sucking the beads dry.

Wasch beat me to it. That is a very nice job but the cedar will definately suck up alot of moisture at first, great idea though.

Hmm wonder since that ceder was in the humi already while it was 70 if it will still suck up all my moisture. Thanks for the info i'll defiantly be keeping a good eye on them over the next few days.

Only comments I can add are these:

1. your beads look very saturated. Like 100% glassy. Should not be that way.

2. With vent holes on the sides and using your humidifier as a separator, you'll send out humidity directly into the adjacent sticks rather than only into the air space of your humi.

They were a little wet and were holding at 70%,but after a couple weeks they have come down to a very nice 65%. On number two not sure how you could get away from this since no matter what you use its going to sit next to cigars.

gtphale said:
On number two not sure how you could get away from this since no matter what you use its going to sit next to cigars.
[snapback]171346[/snapback]​

Closed walls come to mind, with enough top surface to breathe.
Or two extra partitions, left and right of your box, with half an inch space between.