• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shoutbox Abuse

I almost hate to say this because I'm really not that old myself, but this type of behavior is quite typical of this younger generation.  Its a very look at me, entitle me, give me attention generation.  They don't know how to interact with people very well because they do most of their interacting via the internet, computers in general, or smart phones.

While the person we are speaking of may be just beyond that generation, it seems his behavior is very much on the cusp of that.  Maybe it'll sink in in due time. 

Seeing Bluue's comment made me think of something.

There are a lot of forums out there that rate a person's "activity" on how much they post, not the content of the post.  This is a very different forum (in my perspective), in that here "activity" is judged more by the content of your posts, and less by the number of posts you have.

It could be that said user, is more accustomed to the "post more, read less" forum types.  Not that this is a reason for said person to interact the way he does, but maybe he needs time to realize just posting random crap doesn't make you an "established member".

ETA - Not trying to defend this user, just playing a little devil's advocate.

bluue13 said:
I almost hate to say this because I'm really not that old myself, but this type of behavior is quite typical of this younger generation.  Its a very look at me, entitle me, give me attention generation.  They don't know how to interact with people very well because they do most of their interacting via the internet, computers in general, or smart phones.

While the person we are speaking of may be just beyond that generation, it seems his behavior is very much on the cusp of that.  Maybe it'll sink in in due time. 

There are tons of guys here at the same age as him and younger that don't even come close in comparison. Generations differ here widely from Pug and Doc down to Mike and Austen in Texas and we are all on the same page of respect and understanding of the way things work here at CP and what we as members need to do around here. To me this has nothing to do with generation but the fact of a I don't give a fuck attitude to see what CP is all about.

There has been many people trying to help him out time and time again and it just keeps going. I have written long PM's and I know others have to and I bet they were never even read thoroughly and if so it went in one ear and out the other. Not that its not understood but that he just doesn't give a fuck. Its now at the point where lots of guys have come at him in a "none friendly" manner so much that the defense comes up and it just snow balls from there.  

I have spoken to this person on the phone and explained what is being done wrong and what not to do when someone corrects you but it still happens. I in the past have been know to frown on when new guys are treated poorly like has happened in the past but that is not the case here. He was corrected very nicely over and over and over but it just keeps happening. I wish there was a way to see what has been read and what old threads have been searched out by this person. 

To me its sad I think he really wants to be part of this community but has most likely blown it with a lot of the members here,

Paul

Tall Paul said:
I have spoken to this person on the phone and explained what is being done wrong and what not to do when someone corrects you but it still happens. I in the past have been know to frown on when new guys are treated poorly like has happened in the past but that is not the case here. He was corrected very nicely over and over and over but it just keeps happening. I wish there was a way to see what has been read and what old threads have been searched out by this person. 

To me its sad I think he really wants to be part of this community but has most likely blown it with a lot of the members here,

Paul
I think you're starting to learn why asshat noob behavior is often not tolerated for very long around here.  If somebody is asked politely to knock it off and they continue said behavior, they likely won't ever "get it".  That's why guys that I think of as FOGs around here may not seem as "nice" as some of you would want them to be, but they've seen this same shit time and time again and it gets old.

tomthirtysix said:
Maybe it'll sink in in due time. 

LOL
LOL!

And to Paul,

I hear you loud and clear.  I don't think it has much to do with generation either.  It just kinda brought up in my mind that his behavior is much like the younger generation's "me me me" attitude.  And saying that, there are always exceptions to the rule.  But yeah for some reason it just doesn't seem to be sinking in with him.

Maybe part of it is laziness. Rather than take suggestions and search out the proper way to do things, he wants it all handed to him.  Show me/tell me exactly where to post stuff or look for stuff.  Perhaps its time we all drop our friendly nudging since we've done enough of it and just let it play out how it will.

I can't believe that we are even discussing this. Ignore it and it will go away. If not and the problem persists Rod can ban the offender. PM doesn't work when people don't get it to begin with.

I say keel-haul him, and if we can't do that, I'll just have to ignore him too. It's getting tiresome and it's eating up too much of our time.

Doc

Threads like this just reinforce my decision to ignore all things shoutbox.

Devil Doc said:
I say keel-haul him, and if we can't do that, I'll just have to ignore him too. It's getting tiresome and it's eating up too much of our time.

Doc

^ ^ ^