• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Side table Humidor Question

Which would you choose with the information I have provided.

• Antietam Cabinet Humidor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Connoisseur Humidor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DevilsMilk

8-5-8, 8-9-8, whatever it takes!
Reaction score
Ok here is my delima...

I have 4 active humidors at the moment and I am looking at getting a side table humidor as I have no room for a full size Cabinet humidor. The two humidors I have been looking at are the Antietam by Bargain Humidors and the Connoisseur by cheap humidors. While both are almost identical except for a few differences and price I want to know if anyone has a preference and if you have the Antietam does it have power outlets like the Connoisseur does?

I have e-mailed bargain humidors on some questions and while I am waiting I figured I would ask you guys.

Here are the pictures of the two for a comparison.

DH-1500C1.gif
HUM-BH3R_Open.jpg

Also here is a break down of what I have seen so far in comparing them.

The Connoisseur
22" W x 24" D x 28" H
1 Drawer
2 Adjustable shelfs
2 Electrical outlets
Digital Hygrometer (Upgrade)
Cigar Oasis XL Plus (Upgrade)

$474.98 Base price
$55.61 shipping
$530.59 total

Antietam Cabinet Humidor
18" x 19" x 24"
2 Drawers
1 Adjustable shelf
None
Digital Hygrometer
Cigar Oasis XL Plus (Upgrade)

$389.99 Base price
$30.00 Shipping
$419.99 Total

I have the The Connoisseur on order from Cheaphumidors.com.... mine won't be here until about April since they are on Backorder. I like the idea of the electrical boxes inside. I also like the idea that you can open the drawer without opening the entire humidor.

I went through this same process around the holidays.

I searched high and low for a cabinet humidor and finally went with a Staebell Aristocrat Mini which is expected to arrive this week.

I was orginally going to get the Connoisseur by cheaphumidors.com but had a major problem with Dave. I posted the details here, but PM me if you want to know what happened

All I can say is that I am so happy that I did not order the Connoisseur and had the chance to order the Mini.

Working with Bob has been great and you truly get a piece of handcrafted furniture. With your choice of wood and design. Both the Antietam and the Connoisseur are imported preassembled pieces of furniture.

From all accounts, performance is better in the Aristocrat and the cost is not all that much more.

PM if you would like.

Good Luck with what ever you choose.

Just an FYI - BargainHumidors has made the SCUMBAG list. And I know one BOTL that received a humidor in terrible condition. He did get a refund, but it was a bit obvious that proper care wasn't taken in the packing & shipping of that humidor. ???

Have you considered this one?
Personally I've had great service from the CubanCrafter folks. However, YMMV.

I am also getting the The Connoisseur in April !
I checked a few and I think this one was the best for the price, the built in outlet and the optional glass door was a great touch.
And its bigger then the other ones I researched...which makes a difference of 2-3 boxes (which means a lot for the sick, sick collector I am :laugh: ).

Also, Dave has been great with me, Ive had no problems, and he has updated me through the whole process, and made great suggestions.

Thanks for the ideas.

Here is my problem so far with cheaphumidor and cuban crafters.

I am impatient in many ways and if I order Cheaphumidors I will have to wait until May to get it. With Cuban crafters who knows when theirs will be back in stock.

I will continue to stay in a holding pattern and wait to see whats out there. Thanks again,

Brad

Ok I found a few others that just might fit the bill.

Tampa Humidors (Which I have bought from before) has the Trvoli tableside humidor.

TH500%20WR%203.jpg

TH500%20WR%202.jpg

And ofcourse they are out until 3rd week in april :)

And an e-bay dealer has this one for auction... (Smaller than I want) but for my collection may be ok.

1333d-1.JPG

The Tampa one I looked into and the Connoisseur is better.
Just take a look at the specs, plus I like the finish of the connoisseur better.
I would go bigger then you need, you dont want it to just fit your collection, because sometimes there are deals you can't pass up !
You dont want to be buy another one in a year.

Be patient and get what you want, rather getting something thats just ok !

The Tampa one I looked into and the Connoisseur is better.
Just take a look at the specs, plus I like the finish of the connoisseur better.
I would go bigger then you need, you dont want it to just fit your collection, because sometimes there are deals you can't pass up !
You dont want to be buy another one in a year.

Be patient and get what you want, rather getting something thats just ok !

I agree with you on all counts... I just hate waiting... :angry: Why cant they build these things faster... :laugh:

Hey DM,
I voted for the Connoisseur because I own one and it is quite a nice little unit. A good bunch of us seperately purchased them around the same time and from those who I've personally PM'd I'd say they were all very happy with them.

Its a heavy son of a gun, but its beautiful and holds a fair amounts of boxes at the bottom and a nice amount of singles at the top. The seal is very good, and the only other suggestion I can make for you is to perhaps have the Cigar Oasis XL at the bottom shelf and the a Cigar Oasis 2 at the top (that is, only if you are as anal as I am about keeping the RH% the same from top to bottom).

Good luch in whatever purchases you make.... and don't forget to check out Staebel's goods. Though they go for big bucks you can't beat temp and humidity control!

FWIW,
Darren

.... and don't forget to check out Staebel's goods. Though they go for big bucks you can't beat temp and humidity control!

FWIW,
Darren

Ditto on the Staebell recommendation - FYI a Staebell end table humidor is on eBay. Linky.

Double Ditto based on my comments before.

You may also want to check craigslist.com in your area of the surrounding areas. I have seem some cabinets there.

You are probaly going to have to wait any place you order. I am waiting for the email from Bob telling me mine has shipped and its killing me. I must be checking my email almost hourly.

I am not sure of your budget, but I suggest talking to Bob. He wont "sell" you anything you dont need and wont be upset if you dont buy from him.

While the cost is more, the differnce is like going to WalMart/Target versus going to a custom furniture builder to buy a piece of furniture. Think about how long you will have this piece and what you are using it for. Would your wife (if you have one) let you put a cheap table in the living room?

Just my $.02

Ditto on the Staebell recommendation - FYI a Staebell end table humidor is on eBay. Linky.

Damn, thats a nice price for that unit. Doesn't that model go for around $2000?? I assume it has the temp and RH% controls (set and forget)? Bad eyesight I think....

Darren

Have you considered the ARISTOCRAT MINI by STAEBELL & ASSOCIATES:
3 Cubic Feet--Triple the space of most "500 count" desk top humidors
Approximately 1/2 the capacity of a standard size Aristocrat End Table
*Dimensions-18 1/2"W x17"D x 23" H
*Capacity 100-125 loose cigars, 15+ Boxes.
link

I don't think that one has the temp control. If it does, then that is a FINE price for it indeed.

That one does have the set and forget, however the current price is the listed price and it says the reserve has not been met.

No telling what he is looking for....

Junkman.......that is the one I was directing him to and have arriving this week (fingers crossed)

I don't think that one has the temp control. If it does, then that is a FINE price for it indeed.

That one does have the set and forget, however the current price is the listed price and it says the reserve has not been met.

No telling what he is looking for....

Junkman.......that is the one I was directing him to and have arriving this week (fingers crossed)

Right, but set & forget does not neccesarily include temp control...only humidity, http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/electronic.htm

He lists the humi as 1300 bucks retail.

I bought my Aristocrat humidor from Bob 2 1/2 years ago, and all I can say is Bob is a fantastic guy, and his humidors are incredible.

I had some modifications made to mine so it would perfectly match the furniture in our family room. Bob even went as far as to go to a showroom by his shop in Texas where they sold our furniture set, so he could match the color.

Michael

I have the Connoisseur and LOVE it... only problem is it's not big enough!! :laugh: just kidding... although I have found that with more room comes more purchases...

Ok after a long debate with myself between all the humidors in question I am going to go with Cubancrafters humidor which they will have back in stock within 30 days. Thank you all for your valued comments and suggestions. I love this board for that reason.'

Oh and thanks BrewMeister for your suggestion of Cuban Crafters humidor. I love the top and bottom glass option.