• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Side yard visit.

in2xshp

Banned
We had a few side yard visitors today after the thunderstorms. The Momma Bear is the same one we had sitting on our front porch a few times last year before we got the dogs. She was just wondering in the side yard while her two cubs were playing and climbing a few trees. She looked at me and my son a few times but just didn't care that we were standing on the deck watching them. What a nice springtime treat.

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

That's so cool....I saw a bear for the first time in the wild shortly after moving up here in NY.

Momma bear with cubs in tow... uh, no thank you! :laugh:

damn.... I wish I could see that in my yard. The best I ever get is a stray cat. Where you from? Do you live near a park?

damn.... I wish I could see that in my yard. The best I ever get is a stray cat. Where you from? Do you live near a park?

Speaking of stray cats.....this bobcat jumped up on my wall to eat a bird a few weeks ago. I would have freaked seeing bears.

Wow, bears! ???

I'm glad all I have coming in my yard is deer and turkeys.

400MVC-015F.JPG

wow that’s cool momma and cubs though I think my ass would have stayed in the house rp

Very cool Sam, how close would she let you get before she started growling........ :D :thumbs: :p

That is pretty kool. I have never seen a bear in the wild.

Ken

Yea they are always cool when they are in someone else town. After the first time or two of them destroying the garbage they aren't so cool. Also when you remember they are a predator and will go after easy prey they aren't so cool. A few years back a friend of ours had a bad run in with a black bear. She was just getting ready to leave her house and had put the small kids into the car. She went back in to get something and when she came back out a male bear was around the car. Good thing the doors where closed. She tried to go around the other side of the car giving the bear room. The bear always moved to be between her and the car. Starting to panic she call the police. The police arrive and they had the OK to put the bear down. All they could figure is the bear knew it had a easy meal in the car and didn't want to give it up.

Yea wild animals are cool as long as they are out in the wild. We give our kids a refresher talk every so often about animals. Not only do we have bear but we also have large coyote. Last year down south Jersey they had a few attacks on kids. We tell them if no one is walking the dog to get inside. Don't know if it's a stray or coyote.

Don't get me wrong. I like to see the animals. I just have a healthy respect for them. I prefer to be the hunter.

DG

Charlie, I didn't any closer than 20 feet, I also kept a clear shot to a wide open door to the house. Yes respect is key here in the woods, I have gone over every safety scenario with all 3 kids Chris, they were actually at their friends house across the street and their friends mother saw the bear and cubs and immediately drug them all into the house. I have become somewhat of a hunter lately too, only with my camera, and I really think I need to get a larger zoom lens for this reason. :laugh:

I also wanted to add a few pics from this morning of a different kind of visitor, a feathered kind. This is only the second time I got to see this guy and I finally got to get a few shots.
DSC00862.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

you guys are soo lucky, all i get in my back yard are these
rat.jpg

This critter keeps showing up in my backyard:

patterson_bigfoot_lg.jpg

Not sure what kind of bear he is. He seems to like Bolivar cigar butts and empty Wild Turkey bottles. Strange stuff......

Tom, you could probably get on Maury or something like that with that pic....although Bigfoot would probably need to be dating one of your neighbors though.

Nice pics..... :thumbs:
No bears here but have the small brown ones not far northof here.
We do have plenty deer and pecker birds that frequent the place.
So do the rabbits, squirrels, coons, etc.
A few bobcats but those sightings are few and far between.