• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Siglo V Box Code

Big Frankie

Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard of or seen a box code for Siglo V reading "LOME" (top) "May 07" (bottom)? I tried searching and was unsuccessful. Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Frank

Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard of or seen a box code for Siglo V reading "LOME" (top) "May 07" (bottom)? I tried searching and was unsuccessful. Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Frank

Link

Hello all,

Thanks,

-Frank

Looks like it was made in May of 07 in the El Laguito factory.

Hello all,

Thanks,

-Frank

Looks like it was made in May of 07 in the El Laguito factory.
I don't think that's quite right.

Seems sort of fishy if you ask me.

Wilkey

Aside from the obvious question, which is "is your vendor trustworthy?" that four-letter code has not been used since roughly 2000.

If you would like to PM me with more information, I can try to help you further. Knowing just the facts that have been presented (and knowing you not at all) I'm inclined to guess that these are counterfeits.

Wilkey

Aside from the obvious question, which is "is your vendor trustworthy?" that four-letter code has not been used since roughly 2000.

If you would like to PM me with more information, I can try to help you further. Knowing just the facts that have been presented (and knowing you not at all) I'm inclined to guess that these are counterfeits.

Wilkey

Thanks Wilkey! I sent you a message.

-Frank

Hey Frank,

Got your email and responded. The next step is for you to take some photos as I've directed and email them to me. Either that or if you have image hosting, send me the photo URLs. Post them in their native size and resolution if you can.

Wilkey

Hey Frank,

Any interest is letting us know how this story ended up?

Wilkey

....Well as it turns out... COUNTERFIET.

Thanks to Wilkey's expert analysis, I can now head back to the source and give him a peice of my mind and get a refund!!

I will keep you updated and let you know what his reaction/excuse will be.... I wondwer if he'll even konw they are fake?

Thanks again!!

-Frank

I thought the link would have showed him the issue right away. Unfortunately Professor Wilkey had to further his education. BF hope it gets resolved for you!

Anthony,

Information is certainly out there. At least some of what goes into making productive use of that information is experience in interpreting it. For example, exactly how definitive should that list be considered insofar as evidence for the determination of authenticity?

As in many situations in real life, genuine expertise can make the difference between a random Googling and insightful analysis of information.

Since Frankie reported on the status, I'll add that there were multiple indicators that these were counterfeit with several being definitive. The factory code was one.

Wilkey

In closing....

I got a refund and an appology... he was real embarrassed (as he should).

Moral of the story... if you're in North Jersey and are offered CC's... respectfully decline.

Thanks again to all that helped!

-Frank

Wilkey,

As a thank you for all your analysis - you have some heavy artillery heading your way!!

s/b there today!

-Frank