• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SIGLO VI Limited Reserve by Altadis

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
Randy asked me if I had tried the new Siglo series. I told him I had not, but I had heard the buzz. He then handed me this Large Toro 6x54. Just my size. The first thing that came to mind was that the cigar and the band resembled the ISOM Cohiba Siglo series. Randy asked me to review it and to let him know what I thought, so here we go.

Siglo1.jpg

Length/Ring: 6 x 54
Shape: Perejo
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Cubano
Binder: Broadleaf Nicaraguan
Filler: Dominican and Nicaraguan
Strength: Medium - Full 

This was a beautiful stick. A nice mocha color, well constructed with very few veins and and oily finish. I clipped the tip of the cap and took a pre light draw. A smooth perfect draw with kind of a toffee cream flavor, but when I lit it up, I got an unusually clean flavor. It was like a citrus cream. Into the first third, it picked up a woodsy Cedar taste and a flavor I couldn't put my finger on. The burn was and stayed even. It kept a solid ash.

I got to the second third, still with that clean flavor I picked up that spice on the tongue. That flavor I couldn't finger was white pepper. Not that heavy tongue tingle, like a black pepper taste, but a mild pepper. A consistent cigar that kept changing flavor slowly.

I started into the last third and it was getting interesting. Earthy, leathery, citrus and still lightly spicy. The finish was fine. This cigar took over an hour to smoke.

Siglo2.jpg

In conclusion: I can say was that this cigar was a nice change up for me. Not too strong, not too mild. I've been looking for something different as a change up and this fit the bill. The Siglo is definitely worth a try and will start showing up in the B&Ms May 2009.

Sizes to be release:
SIGLO I - 4 1/2 x 44
SIGLO II - 5 5/8 x 45
SIGLO III - 6 1/2 x 44
SIGLO IV - 5 x 54 also available in Tubo
SIGLO VI - 6 x 54 also available in Tubo
SIGLO VII - 7 x 48
SIGLO X - 6 x 54

MSRP: $4.00-$8.00 a stick depending on the size.

Nice review. Looks pretty good. If I come across one I will definitely try one.

Great review, sir! :thumbs: Always cool to see a review on a new line of cigars, thank you for the read!

Great review. I have one sitting in my humi for about a month now, can't wait to light it up tonite.

Great review. I smoked the number 3 a while ago and had the same type of experience. For the money these are a very good stick. My B + M has had them for a while now. I got a 5er taking a nap in the humi now. :thumbs:

I tried the Siglo X Limited Reserve this evening. I paid $8.50 at the local B&M. IMO I didn't love this cigar but didn't hate it either. I just think there are plenty of other cigars in this price range that I would rather smoke than this one. If I came across a great deal on them I might pick up a few. I have another one in my humidor and will try it again at a later date. There has been quite a few cigars that I have tried and didn't like the first time I smoked it only to try it again later and really like it.

Thanks for the review. I just found out about these last week and they have my interest. I guess I'll have to hit the local B&M and get a couple.

Great review. What do you use to post the different photo views??