• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Siglo VI, Monte #2 and Hoyo #2

Siglo-Man

Even though there is nothing like cracking a Habanos wooden cabinet of 25 there is still something to be said for the tubos and nice little 3 packs. I haven't had a CS stick from a small pack or tubo since I was in London back in May. I sent out several of these packs for the holidays and ended up with a few left over for myself. I think sub-consciously I over ordered on purpose. I know they are the same cigars but something about that individual packaging makes them seem a little more special. I'm armed to the teeth this week with them so I'll post full reviews as I knock them off.

tubos.jpg

Where'd you get the Siglo VI Tubos? Last time I purchased those tubos were 4 years ago or so...I want some!

looking forward to the review siglo man, did thuroughly enjoy your Gran Reserva review. Those packs are so cool. I enjoy picking up packs and like you said, yeah they are the same but I've read that some people swear the tubed versios are at least better in appearance, some say smoke better due to no box pressing. I have yet to enjoy cracking open a box but have enjoyed opening up my packs.

Happy smokes,

CM.

looking forward to the review siglo man, did thuroughly enjoy your Gran Reserva review. Those packs are so cool. I enjoy picking up packs and like you said, yeah they are the same but I've read that some people swear the tubed versios are at least better in appearance, some say smoke better due to no box pressing. I have yet to enjoy cracking open a box but have enjoyed opening up my packs.

Happy smokes,

CM.

I'm with you on this. I prefer cigars that are not box pressed. I don't find ISOMs to be severly box pressed like some NCs are, so I haven't noticed any difference in how they smoke, but I like the way they feel in my hand when in the round. I guess that is why I prefer SLBs over dress boxes. However, I've noticed that the wrapper appearance on many tubos is sometimes not on par with the boxes. I guess that should not be a surprise since you can't see what the cigar looks like inside an aluminum tube when you buy it.

That selection sure does look nice!

I'll be keeping a close eye out for the VI review, Christmas brought me a small selection, one being the slightly longer and thinner V that I'm looking forward to.

Have fun!

siglo.jpg

Very nice! Tomorrow kicks off the NY smoke-off :)

That selection sure does look nice!

I'll be keeping a close eye out for the VI review, Christmas brought me a small selection, one being the slightly longer and thinner V that I'm looking forward to.

Have fun!

siglo.jpg

Maybe it's all mental, but I love any and all ISOM tubos. Seems to me the are bit better. Siglo...interested in doing a trade for a Monte tubo??? I love collecting tubos!

Ok so it took me a while to get back. I don't know if it's all mental but these VI Tubos are fantastic. I really think there is something to having it's own separate tube because the wrapper, cap, moisture level, aroma...well everything was perfect. Not that your average cabinet Siglo VI isn't a great smoke anyway but there really is something special about these. I was doing some simple calculations and figured out the tubos are actually costing me around $4 more per piece than the 25 cabinet price. In volume it adds up but if your taking it by a per smoke basis I think the $4 are well spent. Plus you get a great Tubo to reuse. Hell you can do an entire post one the many uses of Used Silgo Tubos. lol

tubo.jpg

I agree those tubed Siglo VI are fantastic smokes, a very decadent cigar.

I've got three left from the initial batch that I bought in '04. They're fantastic.

After reading your thread, and the love for cohiba's, I decided to light my only cohiba in my humidor. Well I thought I was in for a treat, boy was I wrong. The cigar was super tight, the draw was horrible, and my jaw hurts. :angry: It was a Siglo II from '06 and it was from a very well know member, so I'm pretty sure it was real. Haven't had too much luck with CC's, some of them have draw issues.

When I did get a good draw it was very good, just couldn't enjoy it

The siglo VI was my first CC ever... and i must say one of the best ive ever had... when these sticks have years on them they are untouchable :)

After reading your thread, and the love for cohiba's, I decided to light my only cohiba in my humidor. Well I thought I was in for a treat, boy was I wrong. The cigar was super tight, the draw was horrible, and my jaw hurts. :angry: It was a Siglo II from '06 and it was from a very well know member, so I'm pretty sure it was real. Haven't had too much luck with CC's, some of them have draw issues.

Try lighting it outside of your humidor...may yield a better draw.

Sorry to hear that but it can happen to any stick depending on storage environment and it's original condition as well. Don't give up...grab a siglo tubo and I guarantee you won't have that problem.

F'ing sexy. I agree about the tubos, have never had any issues with draw w/ a tubo.