• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sign a petition lifting the Embargo with Cuba

howlinmad said:
I have started a white house petition to lift the trade embargo with Cuba. We need 100,000 signatures in the next 30 days. You can add your signature by following the link:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/lift-trade-embargo-cuba-it-annoyance-americans-and-cubans-and-unenforceable-other-countries/jc9t59Tw

1219370867153.gif

Only 99,999 left to go! Hell that's like 33 thousand people per day. What is this, a school project?

Who needs to read the rules and act like they should eh ?

Some people are idiots. We don't want an end to the embargo. We want an end to enforcement of the embargo. The commies couldn't handle the extra demand of every swinging dick in the US wanting a Cuban cigar. It would take them at least three years for them to get it together, not to mention the quality control problems they would have. Be careful what you wish for.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Some people are idiots. We don't want an end to the embargo. We want an end to enforcement of the embargo. The commies couldn't handle the extra demand of every swinging dick in the US wanting a Cuban cigar. It would take them at least three years for them to get it together, not to mention the quality control problems they would have. Be careful what you wish for.

Doc

I completely agree.  I'm fine with the embargo.  If you don't understand why, then I would argue that you need to spend some more time understanding this hobby and how quality can be corrupted very quickly.

So although the topic being posted by a one timer is really not worth addressing, I will, by saying no thanks.  I do not support your journey to lift the trade embargo.

You might have better luck at getting signatures standing in front of a super market, standing next to the guy who's petitioning to ban smoking. :)

"Lift the embargo" talk always makes me chuckle to myself.  Usually when you see it on these types of forums people jump to sign them because they have these illusions (delusions?) that all of a sudden there's just going to be magically delicious cuban cigars everywhere!  ISOM's for all!

Obviously there is more to it than just cigars.  There have been some great points made already so I'll leave it at that.  And honestly while some of us have been able to experience some great cuban CCs, if I never got my hands on one ever again I can't say that I'd be heartbroken.  There are so many fantastic NC smokes out that are cheaper and so much easire to get.  Mistique has a lot to do with it, I suppose.  Kind of like how its so alluring to get sh*t-faced fall down drunk when youre under legal drinking age but then once you're 21, the allure of scoring alcoholic beverages fades away.  Maybe i'm just rambling.

And of course with the federal government dying to get their hands into regulating premium cigars, you can damn sure guarantee that if the embargo was magically lifted, and all of a sudden ISOMs were raining from the sky, the tax and pricing would be so incredible that they wouldn't be worth getting anyway.

bluue13 said:
"...Kind of like how its so alluring to get sh*t-faced fall down drunk when youre under legal drinking age but then once you're 21, the allure of scoring alcoholic beverages fades away."

Great line..albeit far too untrue for many!!!

punk_lawyer said:

"...Kind of like how its so alluring to get sh*t-faced fall down drunk when youre under legal drinking age but then once you're 21, the allure of scoring alcoholic beverages fades away."

Great line..albeit far too untrue for many!!!

Hahaha I should've put "this is a generalized statment, but..."

Devil Doc said:

Doc

^This plus prices were sky rocket and the number of fakes along with it. Tis no good.