• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Signs That You Could Be A Minnesotan

LouTam

:laugh: I am from Minnesota so I can post with confirmation.

More Signs That You Could Be A Minnesotan If...
Snow tires came standard on your car.
75% of your graduating class went to the University of Minnesota.
People from other states love to hear you say words with O's in them.
You hate Fargo but realize that a lot of your family has that accent.
You assume when you say "Twin Cities" people know to where you're referring.
You know what uff-da means and how to use it properly.
You own an icehouse, snowmobile, and a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
You know that when it comes to AM, there is only WCCO; besides, what else do you need?
Everyone you know has a cabin.
You consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping the food will swim by.
You are proud that your state makes the national news 96 nights each year because International Falls is the coldest spot in the nation.
You have refused to buy something because it's too "spendy."
You're a card-carrying member of both the NRA and the ACLU.
Your local Dairy Queen is closed from December through February.
You have no concept of public transportation.
You instinctively walk like a penguin for three months out of the year.
Someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there.
You know more than one person that has hit a deer.
Your dad's sun tan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead.
You have apologized to a telemarketer.
You may not have actually eaten it, but you have heard of Lutefisk.
You know what Mille Lacs is and how to spell it.
Nothing gets you madder than seeing a Green Bay sticker on a Minnesota car.
You have worn shorts and a parka at the same time.
You have either a pet or a child named "Kirby."
Your town has an equal number of bars and churches.
You have had an entire telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number.
The only reason you go to Wisconsin is to get fireworks, to fish, or to buy beer on Sunday.
You know how to say Wayzata, Mahtomedi, and Shakopee.
You grew up thinking rice was only for dessert.
You think that ketchup is a little too spicy.
You drink POP, not SODA.
You always believed that vacation meant "going up north."
Every January, from age 2 to l3, you let your older siblings talk you into putting your tongue on a steel post.
You consider Lime Jell-O a highly versatile food: a breakfast dish when filled with fruit, a salad when it has shredded carrots and a dab of mayonnaise, and a dessert when topped with Dreamwhip.
You never had to rewind any part of "Fargo" because you missed some of the dialogue.
You call highways freeways.
Your town has an annual festival honoring a fruit, vegetable, or ethnic food.
The first time you saw "Grumpy Old Men," you thought it was a documentary.
You can recite, from memory, more than a half-dozen "Ole and Lena" jokes.
Every time you see moonlight on a lake, you think of a dancing bear, and sing, gently, "From the land of sky-blue waters.....Hamm's the beer that's so refreshing..."
Your dog dies, your spouse leaves you, you lose your job, and your car breaks down, all on the same day, and your first thought is, "It could be worse."
You've gone trick-or-treating in 3 feet of snow.

I think I meet most of those and I'm a transplant. I guess I'm turning into a northlander faster than I thought! :0

Thanks for the laugh. :)

More Signs That You Could Be A Minnesotan If...
You assume when you say "Twin Cities" people know to where you're referring.
-Or how many people respond to Minneapolis with "Indianapolis?"
-I think that's an Ohio thing, right Jeff?
Your local Dairy Queen is closed from December through February.
-April or May is more like it.
You have no concept of public transportation.
-That's no longer true.
You have worn shorts and a parka at the same time.
-Oooooh, that's gotta burn, eh Joe (simmsboard)
The only reason you go to Wisconsin is to get fireworks, to fish, or to buy beer on Sunday.
-Or to get a pound of the best cheese in the world.
You grew up thinking rice was only for dessert.
-This isn't one gigantic trailer park???
You think that ketchup is a little too spicy.
-This was every kid from WI I ever knew.
Every time you see moonlight on a lake, you think of a dancing bear, and sing, gently, "From the land of sky-blue waters.....Hamm's the beer that's so refreshing..."
-Interesting fact: The Hamm's bear was created by Patrick Desjarlait, a member of the Red Lake Reservation and a very influential Native artist.
[/size]

Yep, everything else is dead on.

edited to add the bold, this is important shit after all.

That's hilarious. Being your southern neighbor I know quite a few of those to be absolute truths. My dad and I fish in Ontario and travel the length of Minnesota up and back in September. We generally come through the Twin Cities on Friday around 3pm and there is a steady stream of 4x4s towing trailers full of ATVs heading north to their respective cabins. I get a kick out of that every year.

As a transplant, I state once and for all:

It is called SODA, not POP.

They missed another one. Very few of us call it "The Twin Cities". It's just, "The cities". As in, we're heading up to the cities this weekend. Or, I used to live in the cities, but now I'm out in the country.

So was Charlton Heston. So am I. The entire Bill of Rights deserves manical protection.

Doc.

I belong to a golf club up here and I am known as pretty much the last guy you will see in shorts and a windbreaker out on the course for the season. A Parka has fur and a hood with that snorkle looking deal when you put it up....which I do not own. I did actually see a guy dressed in this look just two days ago when the temp was 38. I like to think of myself having a build more set up for handling the winter (much like bears just before hibernation) and others are more of a european jean type ( I will leave names out) and dont handle the cold as well ;) ...ohh and I do order Soda but I think thats due to too many NY transplant friends I have.