• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SIMPSONS! Vote for Springfield, ILLINOIS

....not happening. Springfield, OR, right next to my old home town.

It's obviously Springfield, VA because you can't even vote for VA! Gotta go watch the Simpsons now!

Illinois! Everything else is the boondocks. :cool:

OR and KY had very strong points...but my vote went to Illinois! :cool:

Plus Matt lives there!! :laugh:

I am sorry, but I had to pick Springfield, Colorado...because I could go to that one :)

I was going to vote for MO, but as fu&#d up some of the things the Simpsons do, I had to go with KY. It was the only logical choice

Well based on the videos submitted, my state doesn't want the dam premiere ???

Missouri's video was more a shot at never having the movie played here ever.

So my vote is for sale :whistling:

And the winner is:

Tiny Springfield, Vt., beat out 13 other like-named cities Tuesday for the right to host the premiere of "The Simpsons Movie," winning an online poll it wasn't even invited to participate in. Vermont's Springfield — which has a bowling alley, a pub, a prison and a nuclear power plant just down the road — wasn't initially part of the contest, but a local Chamber of Commerce executive appealed to movie producer 20th Century Fox and the race was on. Vermont got 15,367, edging out Springfield, Ill., which drew 14,634.

On July 21, the town's 100-seat movie theater will play host to the movie, which opens July 27.