• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

single cup coffee maker?

nicayotte

I am looking to get my parents a single cup coffee maker when I visit them for Christmas. Anyone have a suggestion or even own one of these? Father enjoys straight black coffee while my mother enjoys all the weird flavored stuff that can be purchased. I am looking for something easy to use and universal for both needs. Preferably something can fit normal size cups and does not use its on proprietary styles of mugs.

Here is one I have found............

http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/keurig/keurig-b40-single-cup-brewer?ck=1&ProductType=Keurig&SellGroupID=Keurig-B40-Single-Cup-Brewer(B2C)

only thing that seems odd or i am not understanding is that it seems you have to buy all your coffee from them or can they use there own also?

Search is your friend!

BTW - most company's will have an 'adapter' that allows you to use your own coffee! ;)

most outdoors stores like REI or EMS will have them, though they are small, not flashy or fancey. I have seen french press ones some in a mug-probably like the one you linked, and some as just a typical french press, but again, the outdoors stores would have them for sure.

I've used the Senseo for a couple years now. Very easy to use and the coffee is pretty good.

We just had a discussion about this not too long ago. I'll help you out with the link.

Keurig

lol..i was just going to suggest you talk to ben hehe...:)

Somebody makes a dual single cup brewer. Comes with two thermal cups, and will brew the two differant coffees side by side.

Those flavored coffees will leave flavors behind. The Keurig is ok, if you like the coffee, and want to pay out the nose

for that coffee.

I want to say is was Melitta.

I guess my palate is burnt from all the cigars I smoke, but luckily, I can't pick up any leftover flavors from a previous brew. Not sure if it's a curse or a blessing
laugh.gif

I'm hoping I stay with the Keurig system for a while, but it's a real step up from 30 years of drinking Yuban and Folgers. When I break down the price of the K-pods it comes to roughly $.50 cents a cup.
I did find a hidden value of the Keurig system, after my morning cup of coffee I drop in 2 tea bags into my travel mug and hit the button twice which makes me a full travel mug of hot tea for the ride into work. I used to have to microwave water just to make some tea so having just hot water from my coffee maker makes for a nicer value for my money.
On weekends, I use the My K-Cup to brew some kona coffee with my morning cigar. Aaaahhhhhh
smile.gif

Kona! What is the going price by you?

I just got some the other day, and my scrotum is still healing.

It is very good coffee. I usually keep most of it vacuum sealed in about 2 days worth bags, and blend about 1/4 of

whatever I buy with some other beans to make a really nice balanced blend.

In my opinion, I would pick up a French press. Brews better coffee, even if it is only one cup.

It is very good coffee. I usually keep most of it vacuum sealed in about 2 days worth bags, and blend about 1/4 of

I paid about $18 dollars a pound for whole roasted beans. We have several sellers of kona coffee here so which one is the best for your tastes I would have to guess at and have you try Dan.

A coffee purist who works at HQ (who by the way has a family coffe farm on the Big Island ) keeps his kona beans in the freezer, whole and ground versions just to keep it fresh. He uses a french press every morning too so that says a lot about his patience in brewing what he calls a "good" cup of coffee. He's the one who said to me "doesn't the Yuban or Folgers taste sour?" After really mulling it over a period of a couple of days, I realized what he mentioned was true and immediately went for my little Keurig and it's accompanying pod varieties. He still kind of raises his eyebrows at me using k-pods, but I like the pods for its consistency.

PM sent Dan!

I guess my palate is burnt from all the cigars I smoke, but luckily, I can't pick up any leftover flavors from a previous brew. Not sure if it's a curse or a blessing
laugh.gif

I'm hoping I stay with the Keurig system for a while, but it's a real step up from 30 years of drinking Yuban and Folgers. When I break down the price of the K-pods it comes to roughly $.50 cents a cup.
I did find a hidden value of the Keurig system, after my morning cup of coffee I drop in 2 tea bags into my travel mug and hit the button twice which makes me a full travel mug of hot tea for the ride into work. I used to have to microwave water just to make some tea so having just hot water from my coffee maker makes for a nicer value for my money.
On weekends, I use the My K-Cup to brew some kona coffee with my morning cigar. Aaaahhhhhh
smile.gif

X2 on the Keurig and the K-Cups with fresh ground Killer Beans.

Excellent coffee quick convenient and pretty cost effective a win win scenerio. FYI I have one in my office and use it to heat my water for my Silver Needle White tea. It has a setting that allows you to chnage the temperature which works out great for the tea.

I received this as a Christmas gift last year and I must say it is a great little unit.

Hey Nick,

If you are a coffee snob of some sort, then you will want a french press or other method. If you don't really give a shit like me and just want to drink some coffee in the morning, get a Keurig :)

Buying the wife a Keurig B70 this year and I'll probably use it more then she will.

I have the Keurig and it works well and ther are plenty of choices from regular coffee to flavors and even tea.

You know, you can get kona for the keurig monk....right in the k-cup packaged all for ya. ;)

Well ended up getting the Kuering Platinum for them with the custom k-cup for the coffee they have now. Got it at a local department store for the same price online so I am pretty happy. Only con i have found so far is the lady friend wants to get one