• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Size Preference

gawntrail

CPers,

I'm a Robusto guy. I'm 5'8" and 250 (on a light day) so the Robusto's short and fat profile fits me perfectly. I really like those 50+ ring gauges as long as they are less than 6". I guess Robustos are 4.5" - 6" and 48 - 60 ring. I think Toros are in there too. I think even some torps are bullet Robustos and Toros.

Anyway that's my preference, what's yours?

M. Gipson

I am not fussy on cigar sizes..I have had some great Churchills, Robustos, Toros, Coronas...I think my preference lies in the brand versus the size.

I have noticed though with the larger cigars the issue of stems sometimes comes into play.

Rnccen

Torps are my fave but I also like Robustos and Churchills quite a bit. Bottome line is I'll smoke anything but those are the ones I reach for the most. There's just something about the Pyramides shape that I love. I love the look, the feel and the size. Most of my favorite vitolas are Torps. Still some of the best cigars I've had are in smaller sizes such as Coronas and Petite Coronas. The Boli CJ for example though much tinier then I prefer is an amazing cigar.

I'm partial to Churchills or Toros in a 6-7'" 48-54 gage or Lonsdales . Good smokes come in all sizes but I tend to like the above.

Double Coronas, Corona Gordas, Robustos and Toros, in any order. Torps just don't do it for me, although as others have said I've had some great sticks in that shape.

Lonsdales and Pyramids are right out, and Churchills just take too much time. Use to like the largest ring I could get, but have calmed down and now stop at 48-52.

BTW, if anyone likes small smokes, i.e. cigrillos I've got a ton of 'em. They just don't hold my interest like they used to. :)

The size I like depends entirely on how long I plan to be smoking. If I'm doing something like playing poker, the bigger the better. If I'm pressed for time, something shorter/thinner is what I'd go to.

I usually prefer Robusto sized sticks. 5-6" with 48-52 ring size.
If I'm golfing or fishing ect. I prefer the longer lasting smokes

Bill

Okay, you'll love my top two:

1. Double Corona 7 5/8 x 49
2. Tres Petit Corona 4 3/8 x 42

How's that for two extremes? ;)

Honorable mention:
1. Churchill 7 x 47
2. Lonsdale 6 1/8 x 42 (a LONG corona)

I am not a fan of Robustos, torpedos. To me, a Robusto is a DC that is alrady half gone and I don't like "pointy" cigars.

Buy hey, I'll really smoke ANYTHING :p

gawntrail, how about turning this into a poll?

TPC
PC
Corona
Lonsdale
Robusto
Corona Gorda
Belicoso/Torpedo
Churchill
Double Corona
What the heck, toss in "Presidente" 8 1/2 x 52
and maybe "A Size" 9 1/2 x 47

the fatter the better. i cant stand anything less than the thickness of my thumb. length i'm indifferent about.

Anything rolled that you can legally smoke. :p

( have to put in the disclaimer as I am federally licenced) :0

My go to cigars have been the #4's. On the weekends or special days I break out a robusto myself.

Lonsdale & Corona are two of my favorites. I enjoy cigars that achive more flavor from the wrapper. As the ring increases so does the ratio of filler vs wrapper.

But I do enjoy a Mont #2 every now and then ;)

Love those Torps. I have found something I liked in all sizes. The thing I like most about cigars is there is always something new lurking around every corner. :D

I prefer the larger size vitolas, churchill, d.c., but i'm definitley not picky. :)

Usually I buy Torps, Churchills, Toro's and Robusto's (pretty much in that order)... But as has been said, it depends on the cigar. Torpedo's and Belicoso's- My fav's.

I like the larger ringed cigars Robustos, Torps, dbl Coronas etc. I also seem to be smoking smaller sizes a lot lately namely CAO Pirahnas and the like 4"x40

I'm fond of Double Coronas and Lonsdales. Seems that those two take care of just about all of my needs. I've yet to have a burn issue w/ a lonsdale...which is saying alot for me :)