• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Skateboarders live closer to god

I was all prepared to say, "Skateboarders suck - BMX RULES!" But after that - I've changed my tune....and I'm looking at longboards on eBay!!!

I was all prepared to say, "Skateboarders suck - BMX RULES!" But after that - I've changed my tune....and I'm looking at longboards on eBay!!!

If you're serious, please PM me before making any purchases or if you need gear recommendations or help figuring anything out. There's a lot of junk out there, and putting together a quality setup can be confusing if you don't know what's what. I'm sure plenty of people don't stick with it at least in part because they buy lousy equipment which craps up their experience. I've been skateboarding on and off for 23 years and have been mainly focused on longboards over the past few years since the nearest concrete parks are 90 miles in every direction. While Miami has no hills other than a reclaimed garbage dump we do have plenty of parking garages and bridges to bomb, so although I'm not on the same level as those two, I'm not completely out of my league either...

Here are a few more good videos that non-skaters always seem to enjoy. You may want to turn the volume down on a few of them. I find some of the music to be quite unbearable.

Last week this dude (click) supposedly hit 100 km/h on the Autobahn. German police are after him. (click)

Racing in the mountains of Switzerland. CLICK

Brazil. CLICK

Colorado. CLICK

Street luge big air contest. Not technically skateboarding, but still cool. CLICK You'll want the volume on to hear the announcer.

A completely different but equally mind-blowing style of skateboarding. CLICK (this one has acceptable music).

Me at the reclaimed garbage dump.

sfsfsf6a.jpg

count me out, i'd rather be sitting here with a stick and a scotch. :thumbs:

I think I will stay attached to a rope at the top of a drop... :whistling:

gallery_1548_134_850087.jpg

He's a wizard, isn't he?

That picture of the sheer wall makes my skin crawl. Give me skateboarding at high speeds any day!

IMO Rodney Mullen is a freak of nature, the guy does some tricks that just don't seem possible. He has come a long way since the Bones Brigade days with the skater hair and goofy pads.