• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Skoal snuff and cigars

FireFighter 227

Horrible habit, I know. Damn firemen got me hooked on it when I went through paramedic school.

Anywho, I actually found that this is quite a pleasant taste. I really enjoy a Dr. Pepper with my cigars, and I find that dipping a small bit of snuff is similar (skoal straight) and brings out the flavors in both the snuff AND cigars, weird.

Anyone else experience this?

I used to dip Copenhagen. For a long time after I quit I would have urges to use it again. No matter how bad it got I have managed to stay off of it for several years now. One night I had a dream that I was in a gas station and Copenhagen had came out with a new line of cigars. I'm not sure if that is how I ended up giving cigars a try or not, but I just thought I would interject with a random story about cigars and dip. We now return to our regularly scheduled thread already in progress. ;)

I like the Skoal wintergreen but for some reason can't tolerate the regular mint (blue tin).

I typically only dip when I run out of Snus. I'm not happy about picking up the habit, as I quit smoking cigarettes a couple of months ago, but I started in Iraq when I didn't have the time or opportunity to smoke. I haven't tried it with a cigar, but it seems like it could get messy since I spill ash on my crotch while smoking cigars as it is. :sign:

I dip on occasion. I do like Dr. Pepper as well with my cigars. I know what your talking about. There is something to it. Now all I have to do is dip and drink Dr. Pepper. I wonder how that will taste if I mess up.

One of the guys I work with likes to chew while smoking a cigar. Amazes me everytime I see it. He says that the flavor is better. Cant understand why that would be but oh well!!

I thought I was the only one. I only do it with yard gars though. Usually on a Sunday morning while mowing the lawn. It does add a little something to the flavor.

I thought I was the only one. I only do it with yard gars though. Usually on a Sunday morning while mowing the lawn. It does add a little something to the flavor.

Yep, tried it again this morning with a Romeo y Julieta. I'm no tastbudologist, but it probably has something to do with flooding your taste buds with one flavor and simply introducing them with another. Shrug. All I know is that it allows me to pick out the distinct flavors of the cigar tobacco, something I can not do otherwise. Dr Pepper allows me to do the same thing. I think eating lots of spicy foods dulls my taste buds.

I'm sure most of you probably don't chew, but if you haven't tried a Dr. Pepper with your smokes, I recommend it. I imagine most soda's will do the trick.

Yep, tried it again this morning with a Romeo y Julieta. I'm no tastbudologist, but it probably has something to do with flooding your taste buds with one flavor and simply introducing them with another. Shrug. All I know is that it allows me to pick out the distinct flavors of the cigar tobacco, something I can not do otherwise. Dr Pepper allows me to do the same thing. I think eating lots of spicy foods dulls my taste buds.

I'm sure most of you probably don't chew, but if you haven't tried a Dr. Pepper with your smokes, I recommend it. I imagine most soda's will do the trick.

And yet some of us have been two cans a day since we were 13. :love: :whistling:

Never dipped and smoked cigars though. I just don't see it being enjoyable for me. But to each his own...I have enough vices, better to spread them out and enjoy them all throughout the day. :blush: