• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Slide show of recent opening 1942 vacuum can

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to speak for hollywood, but perhaps the issue is that the pictures were posted to a private area on CS... whereas they've been posted to a public area on this forum.

Could just be a "level of exposure" kind of issue.

I don't want to speak for hollywood, but perhaps the issue is that the pictures were posted to a private area on CS... whereas they've been posted to a public area on this forum.

Could just be a "level of exposure" kind of issue.
See geldor1's post above.

To the other members of CP: I gladly will share my images with you. I will try to return and post the story behind them and then a review of the 1st one smoked when that happens. Please forgive my unhappiness expressed above. I hope you understand the frustration at the things some will do to make themselves look good.

Don't bother; I wouldn't want to put you out either!

Thanks for the attempt at sharing good info. Vortex :thumbs: You know how monkeys are!

To the other members of CP: I gladly will share my images with you. I will try to return and post the story behind them and then a review of the 1st one smoked when that happens. Please forgive my unhappiness expressed above. I hope you understand the frustration at the things some will do to make themselves look good.

Don't bother; I wouldn't want to put you out either!

Thanks for the attempt at sharing good info. Vortex :thumbs: You know how monkeys are!
Thanks! And thank you to all in this thread who stated the obvious. Hubris can alter reality into whatever one wishes and has often done worse.

One thing I know, sharing is what this site is all about and that is a good thing. IMHO

Hmmm, really not sure what the issue is here. Vortex stated clearly that this was posted on another cigar site, paid compliment to the original poster for doing so and simply posted a link to a public site where the clip was hosted. No harm no foul, except for calling him out for doing no wrong.

However that being said, it was a very cool video, not sure I'd have had the stones to open that can. But it was neat to see 64 year old cigars brought to life for the first time. :thumbs:

Thank goodness tick-tock jumped in to defend you, Vortex!!! It was touch and go up until that point... :laugh:

I don't usually get involved with threads like this, but I *think* Hollywood's displeasure from Vortex's post might have something to do with the wording of the first sentence. It could be interpreted that Hollywood gave permission with "open this" when in fact Vortex is referring to the can of cigars.

It was really nice of this brother from another site to open this AND share the images. Can't wait for the review!

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/ashl...=1167169551.pbw

well it's good to see that lot's of folks like to read into things exactly what they want to read. i was only put out by the fact that this is not some typical run of the mill youtube video or picture of Jessica Alba; this is a special event for myself and fellow cigar enthusiasts. i would have expected some general contact from someone wanting to use my images.

you can all jump an the wagon and claim that i am in the wrong for saying what i did; but i assure you; many here would have felt the same way if the tables were turned. imagine how excited, on the other hand, i would have been if someone came to me and said;"hey, i want to share your story with the members of another board"!! would have been the courteous thing to do. guess THAT is how monkeys are!?

vortex - hope you understand why i was upset. i will appologize for the nature of my post. i actually should have just let it go. should have know better. however; the next time you use information such as this; please consider the other person's point of view or personal wishes first. perhaps even that is asking a bit too much!?

BTW - they smoke great!

Could we please put this argument to rest, and just enjoy such a nice part of cigar history together? Thats what B O T L means.

I'd for one would love to know more about the cigars, the can, and how this "event" came to be.

well it's good to see that lot's of folks like to read into things exactly what they want to read. i was only put out by the fact that this is not some typical run of the mill youtube video or picture of Jessica Alba; this is a special event for myself and fellow cigar enthusiasts. i would have expected some general contact from someone wanting to use my images.

you can all jump an the wagon and claim that i am in the wrong for saying what i did; but i assure you; many here would have felt the same way if the tables were turned. imagine how excited, on the other hand, i would have been if someone came to me and said;"hey, i want to share your story with the members of another board"!! would have been the courteous thing to do. guess THAT is how monkeys are!?

vortex - hope you understand why i was upset. i will appologize for the nature of my post. i actually should have just let it go. should have know better. however; the next time you use information such as this; please consider the other person's point of view or personal wishes first. perhaps even that is asking a bit too much!?

BTW - they smoke great!

Good enough, I think.

Please do post some background on the can - where it came from, how you found it, and how bad it set you back.

BTW - they smoke great!

You posted your pictures on a PUBLIC site. No one needs your permission if they link to that site. You really need to THINK before you post here in the future because you posted some really stupid shit in this thread and were clearly not in control of your emotions. This isn't BananaLand so I'm not sure you're going to like it here.

My new favorite expression (that I stole from a recent episode of Dirty Jobs where he makes bells) is "Don't be a baby!". I was gonna post and say that, but Bill beat me to it.

What Bill said.

Hollywood has apologized to Vortex, including an admission that he should have known better. It would seem that this should be enough for the BOTLs of this site to accept. While I am new here, I'm not new to mistakes. Hollywood made one and has made the appropriate amends.

I also wish to know more about these cigars.

EDIT: Hollywood, assuming that this was an ebay find, did you have any communication with the former owner of this tin? If so, were they able to give you any history regarding the cigars?

This is quite a find. To the extent that you have any information, I hope you share it here as well.

Hollywood has apologized to Vortex, including an admission that he should have known better. It would seem that this should be enough for the BOTLs of this site to accept. While I am new here, I'm not new to mistakes. Hollywood made one and has made the appropriate amends.

EDIT: Hollywood, assuming that this was an ebay find, did you have any communication with the former owner of this tin? If so, were they able to give you any history regarding the cigars?

This is quite a find. To the extent that you have any information, I hope you share it here as well.

Well, I was taking issue with his continued whining in post #29 and his continued insistence that people should get permission from him if they post a link to his publicly posted photos/videos.

You may "accept" that bobby but I don't and I don't think you should either.

Well, I was taking issue with his continued whining in post #29 and his continued insistence that people should get permission from him if they post a link to his publicly posted photos/videos.

I hear you, Bill. He ended his post with the apology. I was able to look past the rest of his post.

Even those cellos look tasty, look at the nice browning the aging tobacco brought out in the plastic sleeves. I wonder how much they would get on a more cigar oriented auction such as Cigarbid or Cigarauctioneer.

no need for you to accept it Cat. wasn't really meant for you. i can't help that you have hard feelings toward other gorillas; however, you should have no grudge against me just for being a contributing member somewhere else. seems there are plenty of members here that are much different in personality than yourself. i might like it here just fine!?

as far as everybody else ... again; i am sorry.

these are the same cigars from the ebay listing found above. could not have expected them to be what they turned out to be! really was a gamble just to see what was in the tin. ended up as a once in a lifetime find!

smoked the first of these little old beauties today! all i can say in short is ........ OMG! WOW! super rich in cocoa/cream. very mild, but has similar profile to the 70s Monte Dunhill Selection #2. not as thick and strong, but similar. like the best steak you've ever eaten ... hard to really describe it in words that give it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.