• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Small Cigars?

Kurt Kendall Dog Walker
AF Short Story
Padron Cortico
Cohiba Red Dot Tin

The Padron and Cohiba's are the best cigars I've smoked that come in Tins.

While I enjoy the 50 ring guage and up, I found that the Illusione 68 was surprisingly full bodied and reasonably priced, but the Fuente Opus x
no. 5 was a powerhouse offering incrediable complexity for such a small cigar. Admitedley overpriced, but aren't we worth it!?

I've smoke a slew of the Opus 5. Actually my favorite opus on par with the PL.

While I could post a lot of small gauge CC's as already stated I have to say believe it or not the Room 101 Namakubi is a very surprisingly tasty little smoke. Nothing like the regular lines.

A quick smoke is oftens under rushed circumstances and so I don't want to feel bad if I need to cut it short. For this reason I try to keep the cost down on the quickies. In a perfect world, I would have an unlimited supply of Padron 1926 #35's (4x48). Here are some cigars that have been my go-to sticks when the time window is short:

JR Ultimate Habanitos-These are not the JR Alternatives that many smokers have mixed results with. It's their premium line and I have found them to be very consistent. 4.5x35 with a box of 24 at under $40 there is no guilt if I need to cut it short.

ISOM El Rey Del Mundo Demi Tasse-4x30- If you are looking for that Cuban taste in a hurry, then these can usually be had at under $100 for a box 25. Be aware though that they sometimes need a bit of aging before you can expect them to reach their potential.

Tatuaje Series P Robusto or Short Robusto-This is Tatuaje's value line and contains some long and some medium filler which they say are the "scraps" left over from the production of their higher priced Havana VI lineup. I find their burn rate to be fast, which would make it a quicker smoke than you maybe used to from a Robusto, but they are really nice. At around $69 for a box of 20, they are a good value. I am aware that while even suggesting a cigar constructed of anything but long fill tobacco could be construed as blasphemy, I risk this because I just like this cigar. It's not going to develop much, but I get my fix.

That said, if budget is not an issue, then there are undoubtedly better choices out there. I just wanted to hit this from the value angle.

I've noticed several Tat's on the list but one I didn't see is the La Riqueza #5 which is a Petite Corona. I've smoke several La Riq's before but never one in this vitola. Enjoyed one today. I have to say, one of my favorite sticks to date. Period. Great construction with a pleasant sweetness on the wrapper and the typical Tat spice. Very enjoyable smoke! Not sure how easy they are to find though.

I bought a 20 pack of Montecristo minis. They are absolutely delicious.

Just for an update I've been smoking some onyx minis and so far I don't have any problems with them. They are very tasty and last about 40 minutes which is a perfect amount of time to read a chapter or two of what ever book I'm reading.