• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

smaller temporary storage

gixxer

I don't have a humi yet, but plan on getting one when I go back to school this fall. I really just dont want to deal with shipping another thing across the country and don't have the money to spend on a couple of these things. In the meantime how should I store my smokes? At any given point in time I don't have over 15 sticks. Should I set up a small tupperdor or something?

Thanks

Tupperware is definitely the way to go. Just put your sticks in there with some humidification, and store it in a dark drawer or closet somewhere so that it's not exposed to sun.

Do you already have a hygrometer?

I do have a hygrometer, however I don't have a humidification device yet. Should floral foam be sufficient for this application?

That should be fine, or go with beads Heartfelt or you can use a drymistat tube Drymistat. I use the later with a 25-50 count humi that has about 30 stogies in it. Haven't had any issues at all.

I do have a hygrometer, however I don't have a humidification device yet. Should floral foam be sufficient for this application?

I agree with Bullfrog. Get something with beads or the "gel" stuff like a Drymistat tube, or a little jar of gel from Xikar. You could use propylene glycol + water with your foam, but the gel / beads make it totally brainless to manage humidity.

grab a bovida humipack and call it a day. toss one in the tubberware container and be done with it.

grab a bovida humipack and call it a day. toss one in the tubberware container and be done with it.

This is good advice. Cheap 2 way humidification until you are settled in. Just make sure to open the Tupperware occasionally so it doesn't become stagnant. Good luck!