• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking a fake Cohiba

SMOKE!

I am smoking what must be a fake Cuban Cohiba. This thing has the flavor of a Marlboro light. I am guessing that this is not what a real Cuban Cohiba tastes like. I had my fears that this was a fake, but this horrible taste proves it. I have never had a real Cuban, but I cant imagine that they taste like this. This stick is horrible. I keep smoking it in the hopes that it will get better. It really tastes like a cigarette. This thing couldnt get much worse. I traded something to a friend for this stogie and it has been sitting in my humidor for a year. I was really hoping this would be a real Cuban, but there is no way that it is. I have smelled a Cuban and they have a real shit smell to them. This didnt have that smell and the taste is horrible. It's nothing like a good cigar, in fact, if this was my only exposure to a cigar I would never smoke one again. I kinda knew this was a fake after looking around online. I was hoping it would still taste better than this though. Looks like my friend has an ass whooping coming to him.

I smoked one once. One of the worst cigars I've ever had. The best thing to do is light up a real one a.s.a.p. Aint nothin' like the real thing baby ;)

Too bad on the fake. What color and wording is in the band? It may be that you are smoking a Cohiba Republica Dominincan yellow band, which aren't fake. They just aren't very good.

Yeah, If you can take a picture of the band and post it, we can maybe track down what kinda fake you got.....but that is a real bummer.

I don't know about SMOKE's & I don't want to hijack the tread but I have 1 that I would like to know about. Here are 2 photos
Thanks,
Gary
MVC-7010S.jpg

MVC-7007S.jpg

EDITED TO CORRECT NAME sorry :whistling:

Gary-smoke said:
I don't know about SMOKE's & I don't want to hijack the tread but I have 1 that I would like to know about. Here are 2 photos
Thanks,
Gary
MVC-7010S.jpg

MVC-7007S.jpg

EDITED TO CORRECT NAME sorry :whistling:
[snapback]265327[/snapback]​

Hey Gary,
Sorry to tell you but that band looks fake, bro. First of all, there should
be 3 rows of square dots above the word COHIBA, second is that there is no
gold border around COHIBA, although older bands didn't have the gold border.
I've smoked quite a few COHIBAS in the last year and the band looks fake IMHO.

:(
Sidewinder

I'm not supprised. I've had it about 5yrs now. Maybe it gets better with age so now instead of it tasting like a Marlboro light it tastes like a tiparillo. :laugh:

SMOKE! said:
I have smelled a Cuban and they have a real shit smell to them.
[snapback]265247[/snapback]​

I don't know the reason why but your right on.

Just went to cigar afficianado and the old style band looks exactly
like the band in your picture, Sorry bro, I was wrong!! You might
just have an excellent cigar there, Especially with 5 years of age.

My Bad
Sidewinder :cool:

The band on mine looks just like that only their is one less row of white dots along the top, so their is only one row above Cohiba and three rows to the left and right. Also, the La Habana, Cuba type isnt quite as bold. There is no way this is Cuban if everything I have heard about Cubans is true. They are all pretty strong, right? This one has almost no flavor. Maybe one of these days I will get a real Cuban. On a side note, I have had this cigar for at least a year and I didnt know much about cigars when I got this one. Seemed like a good trade at the time, and if it was real it would have been a good trade. Oh well, live and learn.

I’m by no means a Cuban expert but I was under the impression that A, they have a guano
smell to them not really too rich or appetizing and B on the Cohiba’s like that the bands are not bright yellow but an orange-ish yellow. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

sidewinder said:
Just went to cigar afficianado and the old style band looks exactly
like the band in your picture, Sorry bro, I was wrong!! You might
just have an excellent cigar there, Especially with 5 years of age.

My Bad
Sidewinder :cool:
[snapback]265360[/snapback]​

A little clarification here:

The new style band was introduced in June, 2003. Among the changes made were gold embossed letters for the "COHIBA" logo, along with the addition of an extra row of white dots. The old bands will have 2 rows of dots above the Cohiba logo, while the new style bands will have 3.

I knowingly bought some fake Cohibas of some flea market guy when I was in Dominican Rep back in 2002.

I got sick off that stuff... never again.

barney_rebel said:
I knowingly bought some fake Cohibas of some flea market guy when I was in Dominican Rep back in 2002.

I got sick off that stuff... never again.
[snapback]266623[/snapback]​

I smoked my last Siglo III last night with my wife's uncle and 3 of her cousins. It was my first time celebrating the birth of my daughter. Was a good time standing outside, exchanging stories and enjoying the smoke. Good thing the weather was a bit milder the last couple of days, it really aided in my enjoyment of the experience.